Thursday, January 8, 2009

Decluttering

I'm full of random thoughts so here goes. Spent the morning decluttering and dusting my computer room and bedroom. Not a small project. Whatever that law is about flat surfaces and stuff being piled on them gets completely upheld in our home. So now I'm clutter and dust free in this one little area. We'll see how long it lasts, but you have to start somewhere!
Part of the reason I was being so diligent (Leslie) is because I was starving and trying to not eat until lunch time. I have been back on WW for 4 days and am already down 2.5 lbs. I broke out of that stupid little bubble! But remembering what was good to eat and that didn't leave me hungry is a slow process. I made it though. Today I will run again after the kids are out of school and see if I can do it without coughing up a lung.
I found Brooklyn's shoe! She has been missing her shoe for a week now and wearing her old ones that are completely ripped out on one side. Kids at school keep asking her why she doesn't buy new ones. She is probably tagged as the little poor kid who can't afford them. Well, so be it. I'm not buying her new ones when she HAS new ones that she lost! Lucky for her I decided to really look for it and there it was out on the front porch, plain sight....sigh...that girl.
I also figured out a way that Julia can still use Blurb from my computer, I think. We are still waiting for the results, but I love when I think something up and it works..makes me feel smart! Of course Glade helped me really figure it out so he is the smart one *smooch*.
Tonight is Rhett's first soccer game. Unfortunately it's my first Roundtable as well. Good thing he has 2 parents..lol. I will get to see most of his game. Stephen leaves for his ice fishing trip tomorrow and Glade leaves the next weekend. I think I have the only scout calling that doesn't get to go on fun campouts!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Thanks for the Blurb info. What are they thinking not supporting Blogger?!

Love the random posts. Reminds me of myself. :)

Have fun at Roundtable.

Kristine said...

Congrats on the fortitude and bursting the bubble! Are you feeling any better?

I could totally relate to the shoe story! I think that exact same thing has happened in our family at least 5 times. I get really tired of it. Half the time now I don't even make my kids wear shoes (because I got so sick of it) unless we are going to the store, and now that I think about it I only take them to the store about twice a year as it is!