Sunday, January 25, 2009

here there and everywhere

My Saturday was supposed to start out with me going and spending a few hours getting my nails done and getting a pedicure. That had been the plan for a week now. Didn't happen. I forgot I had children when I made that plan! Rhett had a soccer game from 10 till 11. They won and Rhett took one right in the belly. Had a great ball mark to prove it. Chelsey had to be to work by noon and Whitley needed a ride to a friends house. I wanted to go to a friends birthday party during the afternoon, but the missionaries called and wanted to know if I would meet them at this girl's home who I visit teach at 1pm. That gave me an hour between dropping Chelsey off and getting to the appt. Brooklyn had a free kids meal coupon so she came with me and we got to eat lunch at McD's. Yum...not. Then we went to Party City to get some stuff for scouts and Katy's party next week. That's always a fun place to be. We got back just in time to push Brooklyn out of the car and head to the appt.

This was an experience like I have never had before. I won't go into detail, but I have never really experienced this kind of lifestyle firsthand or up close. She was just assigned to me so I had only met her once. I came away very mystified and feeling guilty for passing judgement. I know people change and I was one of them, but did people have these same feelings about me? Did they think "really, her??" Anyway, on a note of optimism, how great if they come around!

Got home around 2, which is the time Stephen had a presidency meeting for the Deacons. Lucky for me another Mom was picking everyone up. They had a really great time and Stephen and one of the other boys really did some good bonding. I laid down for half and hour then back to pick up Chelsey by 3. I took her home and headed to my nail place where I had an appt for 4 pm. Now was MY time! Well, they were really busy. So even though I got exactly what I wanted, it wasn't very relaxing. I was worried for them the whole time and feeling bad for all the people who were sitting around waiting. My nails look great and it was all good, just not what I was anticipating. Is it ever?

I headed to Wal Mart to get some last minute things for Sunday dinner. By the time I got home, it was time to head out to go pick up Whitley from her friends house. Chelsey had a date and I wanted to be there to meet him, but he was late so I had to leave to go get Whitley. Lucky for me he was REALLY late so I got to meet him after all. We had a fend for yourself dinner then I sat down to sew on more scout patches and watch a Cinderella Story. Love that one. Glade and Nick came home, gathered Sunday clothes and we all headed to bed.

So in a day of going here, there and everywhere, I didn't get much accomplished at all. But hey, my nails look fabulous!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where's the picture of the nails?? Dacia

Krista Darrach said...

I'm exhausted just reading about your day! Wow.
I can't imagine juggling all those kids - whew.
Super Mom!
~Krista