Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Build- A- Bear


Brookly with "Jessica", Rhett with "George", Whitley with "Austin", Dalin with "Stitch" and Bo with "Tanner".
We finally made the trip. Three of the kids got gift cards for Christmas, the others just went a long for fun. I took my camera and didn't take one picture while we were there. It was a little too hectic trying to help 6 children (Katy was helping Whitley) figure out if they were staying in budget and trying to keep them from making silly, I mean, unwise choices with their money. It was actually very cute what they do with them. After they have picked everything out, the employee sticks the bear on a tube sort of thing and the kids get to step on a peddle that makes the stuffing come out. Then they get to place a little red heart inside the bear before they sew it up. The girl would tell the kids to "rub it on your head so he will be smart" and your muscle and your tummy and so forth so the bear has lots of neat qualities. Then they kiss the little heart, make a wish and put it into the bear. There are also little sound chips you can put in that will make your bear sing or make a noise. Everyone was very excited about their outcomes. It cost a fortune and I'm hoping it is a little like Disneyland: once you've been, the excitement to go back lessens drastically.
Meanwhile, Chelsey, Stephen and Nick walked around the mall. Nick and Stephen got 2 new books, impressive. Chelsey got herself some new tops from Wet Seal, then they all went for a pretzel while waiting for us. At a final last minute purchase, Stephen bought himself a XXL t-shirt that said "Army" on it. It was the only size left so he bought it. I didn't realize till we were already gone. It looks ridiculous on him but whatever. The kids wanted to make a wish in the fountain so I gave them each a coin. Bo, this is so cute, wished for "That my mom and dad love me!". Now, this could sound really bad, but the voice he said it in was pure conviction. Not to mention the adorable big grin while he tossed in his coin. The only picture I really wish I had gotten was when we were just about out of the mall, San Tan Mall, which is actually outside, Katy realized we were heading to the car so she plopped herself right down on the sidewalk and folded her arms. Not leaving! She is such a stinker with her pouting lately. Before I could even get my camera out, she was giggling and running after Chelsey.
I consider it a huge success when I can take 9 kids to a mall, come back with 9 kids and have them all be happy and un-traumatized! Including myself.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

See...best mom ever.

Heather said...

Katy is going to be a mall girl just like her mom. I am impressed that you are able to take that many kids to the mall and come home with all of them. My sister has 6 and leaves one behind all the time, sad thing about that is that it is always the same kid.