Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Aha moment

A new year, new reflections. These past few months I have been feeling really unsettled and not sure why. As I have been putting away Christmas and trying to catch up on normal life, it hit me. In case anyone isn't aware, I'm a little bit of a control freak. When I'm not controlling things I get a little agitated. In taking a small inventory of my life I realized this: My kids are controlling me, my house is controlling me, my finances are controlling me and basically that is why I feel so unsettled. I need to take control of my life again. When school started, I had a menu planned, my house was mostly cleaned by midday, I was going to the gym on a regular schedule, etc. All of that has gone down the toilet. Not sure what happened or why, but I really want to get it back. So my New Year's Resolutions are these:

Stick to a budget
Stay home more
Declutter
Stay on top of my kids homework
Practice self control
Be a better Visiting Teacher

Not very original, I know. But I think the basic things in life like order and discipline make for easier everything else. So now I should get off this stinkin computer and make a menu and get my calendar caught up on all my upcoming commitments. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Heather said...

maybe you should add... carpool with Heather alittle more, we could save gas.

Hey we must be alot alike because I felt like I was reading about myself.

Lulu said...

amen the VT resolution.

Unknown said...

So what does that feel like to be the one in control of the house? I'm thinking I'd like to try it out sometime.

Unknown said...

I had a boy in YM who answered most of his questions with "The basic 10". All the small things that we should be doing but don't. I think back to that idea alot and it chimes in getting back to basics, just like you listed.

Life needs to be more simple. ;-)
Keep us posted and we'll keep you honest.

Jake and Jenny said...

I need to do the menu too, it helps me so much with shopping and not feeling stressed at dinner time! Good Luck! I know you can do it!