Wednesday, January 7, 2009

One day at a time

One day of success is worth counting. Today I have accomplished several little things that will ultimately help me achieve my bigger goals. I got my calendar caught up, my menu done and made 9 loaves of bread with my new KitchenAid mixer. That should last me for about 2 weeks. Later I will go to the bank and pick up a little white board to keep close by with a list of things I NEED to do and things I WANT to get done. There is a difference!

Today I woke up with a yucky cough and chest congestion. It never fails. 2 days of sneezing then comes the congestion. It stinks too cuz I really need to get running for the London's Run in 3 weeks. I ran yesterday and didn't do too bad, but it's hard when deep breathing causes you to cough.

Last night I was happily folding laundry and watching the Biggest Loser when Katy walked up to me and puked right on my lap. Luckily I had laundry on my lap so I just kind of scooped it up and put it back in the washer, but she backed up and did it 2 more times on the floor. Of course Glade was at mutual so I had to clean it up myself. I spent the next half hour swallowing hard and trying to not think about it. She isn't even sick. She started putting all 4 fingers in her mouth and I guess this time it gagged her. Back to the Biggest Loser. I'm hoping everyone stays nice this season, but I thought it was really stinky to send them all home. What the heck? Weird. Anyway, looking forward to a better one than last time.

I got set up on Facebook yesterday. I'm not sure why, peer pressure I guess. I still don't really get it. I asked Glade "so....now what?" You don't really get to read much about people like you do on a blog and they write random stuff for what they are doing. I don't know, we'll see how it goes. I did find some old friends, but again, not that much info about people, just some pictures. I can keep a little closer eye on my girls though.

I'm almost finished with my second blog book. This one is quite a bit bigger. I'm keeping it very simple this time. It's not super user friendly and a little time consuming, but I love having it.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Wow you've been busy. I still need to see your blog book, I want to make one for me.

Leslie said...

I'm a lot happier about this season of Biggest Loser already. I think the sending them home thing might work to make them more diligent and less at game-playing. I hope so, anyway!

Sorry about the puking. I know how much you hate that!

Love the goals. They look a LOT like mine. ;) I got signed up at the gym today. Woo Hoo!

Unknown said...

What is a blog book?

Lulu said...

Sheesh, I'm still reeling over 9 loaves followed by 'in 2 weeks'! I lOVE the family pic. And what site are you using to make your blog book?

Kristine said...

I want to do a blog book too! I know this comment is a few blogs early, but I kept reading your other posts and this is where I decided to comment. Are there any other sites that do blog books that you are aware of? I am was sad to hear about your cough and chest congestion. I hope it goes away fast! I will ask you later about the whole facebook thing. I have been avoiding it, but I always like to follow your lead, so let me know!