Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Birthday Activities

Dalin's birthday lasted about 3 days this year. None of these pictures were actually on his birthday. This is of the kids warming their hands around the fire while waiting for the last one to come down stairs. This is Monday night, the day before his birthday.


Dalin waiting patiently to be sung to and the ever anticipated "make a wish".


This is my very lame attempt to make plain ole cupcakes look like something better. For girls it's easy to put a few pretty sprinkles on and have them look cute. It was a very last minute plan and I had nothing "boy". So I made them into an 8.



For his party, we went to see Bedtime Stories. Glade and I had already seen it, but he wanted to go really bad so we did. The boys came over, opened gifts, then we headed to the movies. They were all really good and liked the movie. I even liked it the 2nd time! We were supposed to go get lunch, but they were all too full from popcorn and soda. Woohoo for me! Dalin has good friends and we love him dearly. He is still waiting for his Grandma to take him to his birthday lunch. After a slightly frustrating conversation of him trying to pin her down, he finally says "Any 'ol pizzeria will do." Only Dalin.



David, Dalin, Zack and Tyler.


We missed Stake Baptisms by 3 days so he doesn't get to get baptized till next month. He was a little disappointed about that, but he starts scouts today and he is way excited about that.



3 comments:

Jake and Jenny said...

I really liked the eight shaped cupcakes! I thought that was clever. Cute birthday boy and friends!

Tairi said...

hahaha! I know exactly what you are thinkin cause so was I. I had the picture turned the other way which made it look worse! The boys decided on putting a chocolate chip in the center of each one. Nobody around here wanted to eat them because of that!

Lulu said...

Hey you even threw a little chrsitmas in there with the cupcake wrappers! Looks like he had such a great time!