Friday, January 30, 2009

Conversations of a Stay At Home Mom

Today was Costco day, or as Katy calls it "tacos". She has all the sounds in there, just not in the right order. Today I didn't even make them get in the cart. Am I brave or what? We ran into a friend who was there getting flowers for his wife's birthday. (This is important later.) Right before we were checking out I did a last minute grab of a bag of chocolate pretzels. Silly me. So we had pizza like always then headed out. I really didn't want to go home and let them veg for an hour in front of the TV so we decided to go to the park instead. On the way there I passed back a few chocolate pretzels. Bo says "why do they call them chocolate pretzels?" Ummmm, "because they are pretzels with chocolate on them." Bo: "why do they put chocolate on them?" Ummmm, "because they are yummy." Bo: "yummy in my belly!" No, I say, "yummy in your TUMMY. See how they rhyme?" He insists it's belly cuz that's what uncle Ricky says. It took me only seconds to realize I wasn't going to win this one and let it pass. Then after a few minutes of silence he asks "why don't WE get flowers for OUR life?" me: "huh?" He repeats himself and I realize, He got flowers for his wife. So I explain that's not what was said and he then wonders why Dalin didn't get any flowers for his birthday. Stop thinking already!!!

We went to the park and as I was sitting there, I realized: why am I just sitting here? So I got up and walked around the sidewalk that circled the play area for half an hour. Yeah me! Not a huge amount of exercise, but more than just sitting on a bench! On the way home, the knock knock jokes started. This is painful. Bo started. When I say who's there, he says "boo" (this is my favorite one). I say "boo who?" He then says "Boo who is wearing a hat that has on a Wall-E costume!" followed by much laughter. This is what makes this such a painful transaction. Katy wants in on it, so she just says knock knock and banana over and over. Lucky for me my part in this is pretty small. Also in my favor, we were only about a mile from home! As truly precious as all this is, and I mean that, it's also what makes date night so anticipated.

Tomorrow is our 10K so we are going out with some other friends who are running to carb up as Glade puts it. I'm only nervous about the run because my butt muscle has been giving me trouble for about a week now. Not sure how that's going to work. I'm sure I'll know soon!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Good luck with the run tomorrow. Seems like it's going to be great weather!
P.S. Knock-Knock jokes can kill you. I heard it happened once. ;)

Heather said...

I am so glad I actually get to go out with you guys tonight. I love reading when you are honest about writing about you kids because you put in to words exactly how I feel. We must think alike.

Lulu said...

I love Bo. We really should all get flowers for our life. Good call kid.

Jake and Jenny said...

That is so funny! You have to love "deep conversations with your little ones and knock knock jokes!