Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Taxi Anyone??

What a day! It actually started out quite pleasant. Baths for the kids, trip to Costco (I love going to Costco), lunch at Chick Fil A, then home. The unpleasant part was when Katy fell asleep in the car at 11:15. By the time I got groceries put away and got Bo down, She was ready to get up. What do people do all afternoon?? She watched Dora and I got my scout stuff organized. I'm like that when I get a new calling. New binder, print outs, etc. Very organized. I even sewed on some patches. Actually I sewed the same three patches on 8 times!!! I hate that.

After school can always be a little crazy, but then it's always one kid who throws a huge wrench into your best laid plans. Today it was Brooklyn. She had to stay after school for a council meeting. To make a long story short, now that I had this extra trip, all my travel plans had to change. Here's how it ended up:

Pick up kids from school
Drop off some at home and leave to take Stephen to football game.
First, have to pick up Brooklyn and Rhett back at the school.
Stephen lost (found it later exactly where he looked) his mouth guard and can't play without it, trip to Wal Mart.
Take Stephen to school where game is being played, late.
Take Brooklyn all the way back by our home for activity days.
Back to school to pick up Nick.
Back to Football game, see 15 minutes of it. They got trampled.
Back home to drop off boys then straight to pick up Brooklyn at activity days.
Home at last.

All that in about 1 and a half hours. Seriously I was only out of the car to run into walmart and at Stephen's game. With that much time in the car, I should have ended up somewhere really fun!
Thankfully Chelsey was at home with dinner mostly ready when we got there. Now it's a night filled with homework since no one was home to do any. Babies are BACK in the tub and I need to be supervising homework so off I go! That "taxi anyone" question.....NOT!

6 comments:

Lulu said...

Ew. I so don't envy that hour and half. Glad you are feeling organized for Scouts! So, thatconversation we had this afternoon? After that day you had I think 3 is good for me.

Heather said...

I think we can talk julia into one more.

Everytime I see you we are passing in the car. We need to carpool lady.

Leslie said...

I've had taxi days like that and it feels so non-productive!

Jake and Jenny said...

I love Costco too, taxi driving kids, not so much! Sorry it didnt work out with me taking Brooklyn, that would have saved you a trip!

Kathy said...

Remember when those kids at the gas station asked you for a ride...LOL!

Kathy said...

I'm not laughing AT you...I'm laughing WITH you **sqeezing my eyes and hoping**