Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Words Can NOT Describe...

Ok, so I lost the key to the building within hours of getting it. I have no idea how or where or what, it is a big mystery. Anyway.... I have looked and looked and had my kids look and look and even offered a monetary reward to anyone who found it. It has never left my home so it's here somewhere. After they had no success I decided to go ransack the upstairs. Let me preface...my children live up there and I have only ventured up there maybe less than 50 times in the 2 years we have lived here. I get angry when I go there and then they are very unhappy. I try to just let them have their space. No exception today. Words cannot describe what it looks like up there. No wonder they couldn't find it (I didn't either). I would like to say I ransacked it, but it was done long before I got up there. I went through drawers and closets and under beds and couches. Disgusting. I threw away most of the garbage, but left all the rest right out in the middle of the floor for a fun little project when they get home today. I'm far from a neat freak but Oh MY! Believe me when I say the temptation to take every one of their possessions is very great right now. Still no key. Grrrrrr.....

5 comments:

Kathy said...

I have lost so many keys it's ridiculous! The last time I had to borrow Joe's key to my car he hooked this huge Simon Says game on it...what a funny guy! I usually find them in a pocket way at the bottom of the hamper, or in one of Hailey's purses.

Lulu said...

Seriously you don't go up there? I'm not sure which is more brave, not going up there very often, or going up all the time...

Heather said...

I have a kids area of the house too. Thayne went in there this week and he cleaned the whole thing. He is a saint. The kids owe him big time. You can borrow my key if you don't lose it. I can also come help look, believe me there is no mess I haven't seen. In fact, I am certain I have had worse.

Unknown said...

So that happy feeling of yesterday? Gone? I hope, for your own sanity sake, that you find the key. Hang in there.

Leslie said...

Rats! It'll show up. I have one kid's room that is like that all the time. Most of the time I don't fight that battle, but sometimes...look out! Anyway, good luck.