Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Going, Going and still Going

So it's been a busy few days. Sunday was mostly uneventful, still trying to get unpacked and laundry caught up from our trip. We didn't have Sunday dinner since most people were unavailable. Instead, I signed up to feed the missionaries. We also invited a family in our ward that we didn't know as well as we would have liked to. It was a nice night and I'm glad to know the Hamblins a little better. It will be fun to serve with her in scouts.

Monday was spent out running errands. I went running after the kids got home from school with dinner and FHE after that. I actually planned a real Home Evening! That hasn't happened in a while due to the many extra activities we have had going on. I dressed up like a nurse and briefly examined them all and concluded they were all suffering from the same epidemic - Spring Fever. We then looked up some scriptures on endurance and talked about how important it was to keep going and not get distracted with only a few weeks left of school. We had angel food cake with strawberries for dessert then they headed to bed. I headed for my DVD player. We bought Twilight yesterday. I saw it once in the theater and didn't love it as much as I wanted to. Everyone said they liked it better the second time. I would have to agree. I wasn't distracted by all the things that were different than I had expected. I still don't like Bella, nothing changed there.

Today, I had a doctor's appt first thing this morning for a cortisone injection and Katy got an immunization as well. She was not so happy about that. My elbow is still killing me. It aches really deep in there. I'm hoping it will feel better soon and that the cortisone will work. After, Katy and I headed to Sam's Club, then Michael's, then Target, then Cold Stone. Tonight is our pinewood derby and I still had a few things to take care of. She held up pretty good, but was really done and fell asleep as soon as I buckled her in. This afternoon I ran a few more errands since Glade was working at home, I could let the kids sleep and go get some stuff done. Now I'm headed off to set up for the derby. Pictures on that one tomorrow! There Dacia, that is why my poor computer has been lonely without me!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Found your blog on facebook- you are looking great. Jealous that you met Blaine Cotter from Biggest Loser.

Heather said...

I am so let down that you didn't add any Nurse pictures.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update! You are always so busy, but still manage to spend individual time with everyone in the family. YOU ARE AWESOME! Dacia