Monday, March 16, 2009

Great Sunday

Why was is so great? I don't know, just was. Twas a little stressful getting to church, but that is normal. We didn't have a single lost shoe so maybe that started it off great. Sacrament meeting was actually a little taxing as well. Bo and Katy both wanting on my lap the whole time and Rhett right next to me in one of his "I will irritate anyone within 50 feet of me" moods. I think I leaned over at one point and threatened to break his finger off. I loved Heather's talk and mostly the part about the "sock basket". We are never without one here and we even call it that. It's always great that other people are as normal as we are. We headed in to Sunday school, but it was too crowded so I convinced Glade to go home with me for a PB&J. While home and enjoying my homemade strawberry jam, I happened to drip it right down the front of my white skirt. That's what ya get I guess, for ditching on the Lord. I scrubbed it the best I could and went back to church.

After church Rhett and I headed to the Clayton's to see the Null's. Rhett and Calvin got along pretty well when they lived here and he was excited to see him at church. They were having a little lunch for them before they headed home. I never wanted to leave. The kids all played nice in the back yard, and the girls hung out under a tree chit chatting about whatever. The weather was beautiful. I seriously could have stayed all day! Thanks ladies for a very enjoyable afternoon. Unfortunately I knew what would be waiting for me at home so I needed to head out. My kids are always much wilder on Sunday. It takes some serious effort to keep things calm and peaceful.

After a short nap with Glade and Bo, we all worked together to get the house ready for Sunday dinner. It's always nice when the family comes over. We had a few cousins stay with us since there was no school the next day. Katy was a little whiny all evening and I realized as I was putting her to bed that she had a fever. I so do not want to start this again. We'll see how she does.

I took this cuz I thought it was cute that they were sleeping the same.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I love the picture. Like father, like son. I hope Katy is feeling better soon!

Jake and Jenny said...

That is so funny that you were ditching church for a PB&J! I love Sunday naps and that is the sweetest picture of Bo and Glade!