Thursday, March 12, 2009

She Drives!


Today we ventured to the DMV to attempt the actual driving license for Chelsey. With how nervous I was, I can't even imagine how nervous she must have been. Although, I'm not sure, she is unaware of all the things you should be nervous about sometimes. The wait wasn't too bad, but the woman who was testing looked mean and grouchy. The very first thing they made her do is a 3 point turn. She had to try twice, but was successful. When she and the lady came back about 5 minutes later, the lady says to me "Are you her mom?" Then says "I just about puked in your car!" I'm thinking 'oh crap'! She then tells me that Chelsey told her I wouldn't be very happy about that since we just washed the car. I laugh and then ask "what did she do??" She sets me straight by assuring me it was not her driving, which is what it sounded like, but her (the instructor) coughing. Whew!! I was really worried for a sec there. She passed with flying colors. Now, let me also say that all she had to do was drive in a square. Not too difficult. But whatever, she is now legal to drive. Trusting me let her drive Whitley to her ortho appt. right after that. Crazy, I know. Finally, we did it!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow, congratulations! I think it will be nice for you if she can help with some of the running around.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Chelsey! Dacia

Shelli said...

FREEDOM! She'll be running all of your errands before you know it!

Lulu said...

Wow, you have stepped into a new era of raising children. Part of me is jealous. Congrats Chels!