Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A little less drama PLEASE

Stephen stayed home today, probably should have gone to school, but he had a headache and the wound is a little seepy. He does well in school so I didn't figure a day off would kill him. He's doing his homework from yesterday and finishing his science project. On a brighter note, we found out that he qualified for the State Geographical Bee again this year. We assumed he would, but you just never know. So in April we get to go do that again. Hopefully the blow to the head didn't wipe out any info he has stored in there!

Katy's new word is PLEASE. Normally you would think this is a good thing. She has learned good manners. Not exactly. It more goes like this:

Katy: Snack.
Me: No snacks in the morning.
Katy: please.
Me: No, no snacks in the morning.
Katy: pleeeeeze
Me: no
Katy: pleeeeeeeeeeze

I think you get the picture. Now, I've done this before and I'm not a total pushover, but when a sweet little two year old is begging with her sweet little voice "pleeeeeeze", it's hard to say no. This transaction happens every time she is told no about anything. By the way, I did NOT give her a snack. Must. Be. Strong.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Handsome please?

Jake and Jenny said...

We are on Spring Break this week and next and all I hear is "can I have a snack?" She is so cute and I can just see her little "Pleeze"!

Leslie said...

Stay strong! Sofia just went through this not too long ago and it is SO tempting. I feel bad for them at first, when they think they're doing just the right thing and they still don't get what they want. Oh well...good thing they learn. Eventually.