Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Feeding the Ducks

I woke up today feeling like not spending the day indoors doing nothing. I don't know why since I was gone most of the day yesterday. I don't really love the park and I wasn't about to take them to the mall and ruin the rest of my day! I called mom to see what she was up to. She had lunch plans but said we could come hang out till then. We did and then when it was time to go, we drove a few miles to a little pond with ducks. I had brought some hamburger buns to feed them. Bo and Katy had never fed ducks before so they were quite excited and yet not sure of what we were exactly doing. The pictures are from my cell phone so not of great quality. I sure wish I had a 24 hr photographer that could just follow me around for all the impromptu moments. Here is how some of the conversations went today.

Me - Let's go feed the ducks!
Bo - Have we ever been to ducks before?
Bo - We don't know where the seed is?
Me - What seed, huh?
B0 - the seed where the ducks live.(sea) Actually, ducks live in a pond.
B0 - What if they can't catch the buggars?
Me - Ewww, what buggers, huh?
Bo - you know, the buggars we brought to feed them. (hamBURGER buns)

Some of Bo's random thoughts - who taught the ducks to swim, where do they sleep, next time I want to see the yellow ducks, why didn't the ducks say "bye" to us? When I told them they don't speak English, he said they can say "quack" to us, that's Spanish.

It was really fun. Katy just kept yelling "come here ducks!" I think she ate as much bread as she shared with the ducks. One for them, one for her. We also saw some really big fish under the water. I say "we", but I think Bo missed it every time. I couldn't get him to understand how to look under the water. He did see one really huge gold one. It stood out quite a bit. We said goodbye and told them we would come again another day. Bo wanted to come when all the kids could come with us, isn't he sweet?











3 comments:

Heather said...

feeding ducks was always something I did when my kids were little. They still like it now. I ditto the 24 hour photographer that follows your around. That would be super.

Tammy said...

Cute pictures. We too love feeding the ducks!

Unknown said...

That's so much fun!! I love when the little ones know enough speech to really communicate but not enough language to always get it. So cute!!