Sunday, March 29, 2009

Happy Birthday to Joe

Because our great friend and sorta brother Joe was born 30 some odd years ago last week, we got to go enjoy a terrific meal at Fuddruckers last night. Glade's family all met together after the YW broadcast and had dinner in honor of Joe's birthday. I love Fuddruckers! I used to go because of the chili cheese fries. They aren't so great anymore. Last night I even switched to sweet potato fries and decided to try the chili on them. Not so good. Too sweet. The rest of the meal was great though and as always, love to hang with the family. After dinner, John and Sherry, with their kids, and Glade and I went to Neilson's for dessert. We don't get to see them nearly enough so it was great to be able to sit and talk with them. She just found out she is having baby number 4 so that is very exciting. We stayed out way too late again and so today I'm still trying to catch up from the long weekend.

Church was good. Testimony meeting is, and always has been, my favorite meeting. Even when it's 5 yr old after 5 yr old. To go along with my "the Lord know us" theme, He again reminded me through the voice of others that it's all good. I got to help with the 4 yr olds today and that's always an adventure! After church, Chelsey, Whitley and I all watched the YW Broadcast from yesterday. It was nice and hopefully my girls gleaned a little something. Did anyone else cry? It think I dripped tears through the whole video presentation. When it was over we all had a little nap before our Home Teacher showed up. We love Bro. Stolworthy. He brought some little helps for conference next week. Once he left it was time to get ready for Sunday dinner. I was having a serious chocolate attack (maybe a little PMS) but still had no chocolate. While making the potatoes for dinner, I noticed the big bucket of chocolate chip cookie dough in the back. YES! That, Julia, is why I keep it around! I'm not at all worried about eating it before dinner and ruining my appetite. As Jerry will tell you, -there's always another one coming around in a few hours! Bon Appetit.

3 comments:

Lulu said...

Nice. I may take that into consideration when at costco next time.

Jake and Jenny said...

I love Fuddruckers too! The fries with the hot nacho cheese on them is the best!

Diana said...

I love love love Cookie Dough! It does bring happiness!