Tuesday, March 3, 2009

3 Very Different Days

Sunday

Sunday stunk. It started bad on Saturday night when my children did not fulfill any of their responsibilities. I went to bed not very happy with them. Sunday morning didn't start off very well because the boys hadn't retrieved their Sunday clothes like they were supposed to the night before. Glade had a 7 am meeting so he ironed what we "thought" were all the boys clothes. I didn't get up as early as I should have cuz I thought I had time! Then it turns out that 3 of the boys didn't bring all their clothes and there was still ironing to be done. Brooklyn hadn't showered the night before because she fell asleep and Katy and Bo didn't get bathed either. We headed to church with just enough time to sneak in before it started. Glade's meeting ran late so he didn't get in there to save our seat, right up front, second row. We had to sit in the back in chairs. Not only was there not enough chairs in a row for my family, but my kids are terrible in the back. Both Bo and Katy had to be taken out multiple times. We NEVER take them out. This doesn't make for a very spiritual meeting. I was really grouchy the whole time after that. My own fault, I'm aware.
The rest of the day was OK. Didn't really get a nap cuz, well, I just didn't. AND Bo peed in my bed while he was having a nap. Grrrr. We did get to go to Grandma Smith's for dinner which was nice to not have to do anything. It was a nice evening there and we got back just in time to put them all to bed, including me.

Monday

I worked and worked all day. I did 4 loads of laundry including putting it away, not to mention two other loads that found their way to closets and dressers. I cleaned my bathroom, did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen. Made 8 loaves of bread and still made it to the gym in the afternoon. It was a very productive day. I made all the kids a healthy dinner which they weren't super happy about, but oh well. Glade came home and started tilling the garden area. We are going to try again. I stayed in and watched the finale of The Bachelor. Very disappointing. I don't really even want to talk about that! I still love Melissa and was very proud of her for handling herself the way she did, very classy. Don't like Jason so much.

Tuesday

Today has been very relaxing. Had a good night's sleep, got around this morning and went to get a few things I ran out of at weird times. I haven't worried about all the things I should be doing. I did most of them yesterday! (not that there isn't lots I could be doing) I have had lots of phone calls and emails wishing me a happy birthday which is always fun. Julia cut my hair for me. After my picture with Blaine I decided my hair was gross and needed some umph. She gave me more layers and lightened it up so we will see how that works. Bo has decided he likes to take his naps out in the living room so now I have my bed all to myself. I miss the cuddle time, but not sharing my bed. I finally got our reservations for the March triathlon Glade is doing. That will be a fun little outing. Tonight holds lots of typical Tuesday scrambling but it's all good. I feel like my birthday has been really great. Glade got me tickets to go see Brian Regan in May. That's way fun! The best part of birthdays is having people think about you and go out of their way to tell you. That's what I love about birthdays. I really don't even mind being older. As my dad likes to say: I'm always happy to turn a year older cuz I don't much like the alternative! Love you all and thanks for all the happy sentiments.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the absolute best person on earth! Even when you day has been crappy, you still have a postive outlook on it. I'm so glad you had a great day. Dacia

Jake and Jenny said...

Happy Birthday! I am sure you hair is super cute! I also was so dissapointed in the Bachelor! Ugh!

Heather said...

Bachelor, GRRRR!

Glad you had a great day, thanks for spending some of it talking with me it was fun.

Enjoy Brian Regan.

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday! I am so glad you're a year older because I don't like the alternative, either. :)

Tammy said...

Happy Birthday. I wanted to scream that to you from the car today when I saw you, but I didn't think it would do much good at the time. Enjoy Brian Regan. He is great!