Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Progress?

Yesterday afternoon the gal I visit teach asked if I could watch her kids for a while so of course I said Yes. It went really well, the baby cried a lot, but eventually got comfortable. They ate dinner and Bo and her little boy had a grand time. The baby fell asleep just in time for me to watch the Biggest Loser. I have to say I'm just a little skeptical because of the last "race" drama. Did they all really finish?? Who knows. Anyway, poor blue team, just can't catch a break. I hope they put them on their own soon. The kids were picked up about 9:30. We had a nice little chat with them and she tried to explain why their house was so messy earlier. I told her I would love to help her out and she quickly said "you could watch my kids every Saturday." Oh no no no.....I'm not going there. I told her I couldn't commit to that, but would be happy to if I were home and available. She was really sweet and asked me if there was anything she could help me with. Hopefully a door was opened and a little bit of trust gained.

This morning Glade and I went for a run outside. It's just getting too hot. We went 3.5 miles and now I need to get my cleaning finished. I told the kids we could go to the pool if they worked hard this morning. I really don't like going to the pool, but oh well. One more day till Lake Havasu...Yippee!

5 comments:

Heather said...

So are you taking the whole family to Havasu or is this a date with your hubby, either way it sounds fun.

Hey will you watch my kids every Saturday too. YOu are so nice to help her out.

Tammy said...

I'm glad you were able to help those kids out for a while. Have fun in Lake Havasu! Sounds like fun.

Anonymous said...

Spring Break in Havasu? You are truly nuts! Have a great time. Dacia

gena said...

It's getting hot to run outside. You must be going in the morning. That is so cool you can run with Glade.

Leslie said...

It's too hot for almost anything this week. Yuk. Oh well, at least it's nice at night! Have a fun trip.