Sunday, March 8, 2009

Rhett

Rhett's birthday was about a month ago and his party just a week or so ago. He wanted to go see Inkheart with some friends, but we just didn't have a free weekend. Last Saturday, we took him, three of his friends and his brothers to see it. They came here first, ate pizza and opened gifts then we left for the movie. It was actually really good. We even bought the second book of the series so they could read it. Did you even know it was a series? All went well and it was a good time.

Just a note, Rhett also has started back to orchestra. His teacher called me when he hadn't shown up for a few days wondering about him. He and I had a deal that if he went without complaint until the next concert, I would let him quit. He did and so I did. His teacher, who I have never cared much for, gave me quite the speech about what was best for him and how I wasn't looking at the big picture. I told her I wasn't going to force him and that it wasn't worth the drama we were having around here. She wasn't happy with me and I told her I would tell him everything she had said, but it was his choice. I relayed her pleading and left it at that, no more conversation about it. The next day on the way to school, Rhett said "look what I have mom." He had his viola. I simply said "great" and nothing else. Stephen looked at me and said "nice call!" We had had a previous conversation about sometimes you just need to let people make their own choices and maybe if we stopped bugging Rhett, let him have a little break, he would decide it on his own. Sure enough. Some times a mom knows her child. I really wanted to call his teacher to make sure she knew that it wasn't her tactics that worked!







Lastly, Rhett played soccer again this year. I didn't get any action shots. He did really well and mostly like to play goalie. It was a very cold season, but Grandma and I shivered through it and we had a good time watching him. This is the only picture I have of him for soccer. Getting his trophy at the banquet. The trophy is actually a bank. Finally a trophy with a purpose. We love Rhett and can see great things for his future if he will but choose them.






2 comments:

Heather said...

I love Rhett.

Tammy said...

I was just thinking the same thing. Rhett is wonderful!