Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I'm Ready for my Vacation

Once we finished cleaning, which really means after I redid many of the supposed chores, I gave them ice cream treats and gave them the rest of the day off. I went upstairs to try to fix our TV that hasn't worked for about 4 months. I called DishNetwork and explained that this has happened before and that they always tell me the things to do to get my signal back. She kept telling me that it wasn't them and to call my TV manufacturer. Hello? Are you kidding me?? Like I'm going to call Samsung. I kept explaining that I just needed the setup codes and all the right settings. I asked to talk to someone else and she just wouldn't give. Finally she says she will have someone call me back. NOT! Never heard from them. Luckily I'm a genius (NOT) and I figured it out myself. Trial and Error. I baked some bread so my little ones wouldn't be tortured by store bought any more. I tried to lay down for a nap but had too much on my mind. I needed to get a few things before we leave out of town tomorrow and go to the bank. I finally just got up and headed out to run my errands.

I got all my odds and ends and grabbed a Pepsi at the check out counter. I can't believe I pay $1.38 for one of those little bottles, but I do. I was driving home and untwisted the cap to hear that refreshing sound of fizz being released. Ahhhh, big gulp.....ewwwww......I grabbed a Pepsi vanilla. Man, that sucks. Once home, I found everyone ready in their suits. I really don't like going to the pool. Having two little ones just means me walking around with two kids hanging on me. This is a new pool close to us and was actually pretty fun. It is heated and the kid pool is separate so the little ones can just run around. We stayed for a couple of hours then headed home for dinner. Stephen grilled hamburgers for us. He did a pretty good job for a newbie. It was one of those great nights where everyone was too tired to argue are do stupid things to frustrate someone else so it was a quiet, peaceful night. I loved the no stress of homework, showers, bedtime, etc. We were all just chillin. Katy had too much of a day I guess cuz she just cried about everything. It was a great moment when she finally went to bed.

Tomorrow we are leaving for Lake Havasu. By we, I mean Glade and me and our friends, Jake and Jenny. The boys are running in a triathlon on Saturday. We decided to tag along for a little getaway. I'm very excited for a few days of vacation with my sweetheart. My pictures of swimming aren't so great. I was a little nervous about having my camera by the water. People kept splashing! I finally just locked it in a locker and decided not to worry about getting really cute shots today.












5 comments:

Tammy said...

It looks like the kids had a great time at the pool. I just love the pictures of the older kids helping/playing with the younger ones. Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Your kids are sooo cute! Have a great time in Havasu. Dacia

Lulu said...

Good luck in the triathalon. I think I will never try one of those. I didn't know any of the pools were open! Great pics.

Leslie said...

I love the last picture! Can you believe we have kids this big?
Have a great trip...and good luck with the triathalon, Glade.

Unknown said...

Love the last picture!