Saturday, March 28, 2009

More weekend

This morning came very early! My children did not stay up till 1 am so they were up bright and early. We got up and got around. The boys had a merit badge clinic at 9 so I needed to get them to the church. Whitley had play practice at 10 so she and I ran a little errand then I dropped her off. I had made an appt to get my nails done at 10:45 so I headed that direction. While getting my pedicure, she scrubbed off part of my skin on my toe. It was starting to really hurt so I flinched and she just kept going. It wasn't long, a few seconds, when she realized what she had done. Ouch!! Anyway, it's always great to have fresh nails. Glade had taken Nick with him to work on a fence for his Mom and Dad.

I got home and asked the boys how the clinic had gone. Rhett, in typical fashion, threw a fit once he got there, cried and when he got home, threw away the packet he was supposed to have filled out while he was there to earn the badge. I seriously do not know who this kid is!! I flipped out on him. Seriously, three hours spent there and you have nothing to show for it? I told him he would have to repeat the entire thing again now. Such a waste. He went and fished his packet out of the garbage. He had it almost all filled out but because he didn't want to go in the first place he wouldn't do anymore and threw it away. I told him he wasn't doing another thing the rest of the day till the packet was filled out and how much easier it would have been to fill it out while he was there and they were basically doing it for him! He sat down, filled it out and was happy as a clam. GRRRRR! That boy.

After my chicken and broccoli lunch, I really wanted one Dove chocolate. Nope, kids ate them all. I say kids meaning Bo and Katy. I had some mini bars stashed in a drawer so I went to get one. Gone! What?? I also notice that the three packs of gum I confiscated from Nick were gone AND the keys to the money box I keep locked up with all the kids money in it. I have known the keys were missing for about a week now, but kept hoping they would turn up. Now that everything else is missing from that drawer, I wonder. I haven't completely interrogated everyone yet, but I think I have decided.....I'm getting a safe! I also think that the children should pull their money to pay for it. I should be able to feel safe in my own home. Glade asked "you're going to put candy in it?" YES!! And everything else I'm tired of replacing because I live with thieves. Very frustrating. I'm just amazed at the continued behavior and the blatant and easy lying that goes on in lieu of it. I did NOT raise my kids this way.

Tonight we are going out to dinner for Joe's birthday. We have to go late because of theYW General broadcast. Chelsey had to work all day so we decided to DVR it and the three of us watch it together tomorrow. Gotta love technology!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Next time call me I usually have a stash of chocolate somewhere. Missed seeing you at yw broadcast but fun to watch it tomorrow with the girls. I liked that they were more direct with the girls about what virtue means. We went to cold stones after, next come with and join us for ice cream.