Friday, March 27, 2009

Multiplicity

Yesterday I could have totally used that "power". The day was perfect. My visiting teachers came, we stayed home all day and I got a ton of laundry done. Then the afternoon hit. I had to pick up the kids at 3, bring them home to change and head right back out to take Stephen to his baseball game and Rhett and Brooklyn to a big orchestra concert they were having that night. They had to be across town by 4:45 for early rehearsal. I took Dalin with me so I could buy him some new shoes. I noticed yesterday that the entire end of his shoe was missing. He never really mentioned it. He did say that the good thing was that it was really easy to get the sand out. Goofball. After dropping off orchestra kids, I was heading to the store for shoes when Chelsey called "come get me". I was not even close to her school and she was done and hour early due to the wind. So much for getting new shoes. Right before I was getting ready to make the turn to her school, she called and said she had a ride home. Whew! Back to shoe shopping. Dalin is great, he has no real preference and pretty much would wear anything. We got some shoes and headed to Stephen's ball game.

The wind was insane. Every time Dalin would stand up from his chair, it would blow over. The game lasted forever, almost 2 hours. Normally I wouldn't mind, but I was supposed to be somewhere at 7 and the game didn't get over till 6:40. It was also frustrating because our school is a "no cut" school, which I love, but that also means there are 23 boys on the baseball team and the coaches feel no need to play them all. Because Stephen is a 7th grader, he gets very minimal playing time. I asked him on the way home if that was hard and he started crying. I felt bad, I'm exactly the same way. I told him to just stick it out and that would be him out there next year.

I got home at 6:55, threw on a skirt, ran a brush through my hair, spit out some very unclear instructions and headed out for our Stake Enrichment night. Having great friends, I was able to still have a good seat which they saved for me. It was an enlightening and inspiring night. After, I thought maybe I would still make it to Bunko, which I was missing, but decided I should just go home. Glade and Mom went to the kids concert so that base was covered. After some chit chat with the girls, I made it home by 9:30.

This last week has been as busy as it gets, I haven't been home even one night. Not true, Monday I was. Anyway, some other things have made me really grouchy and part of me wants to rant and unload about that, but I would probably offend everyone I know. I will just settle with "this too shall pass" and keep my mouth shut. I will contend that this week has been one of reflection, frustration and realization. How's that for vague?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great vagueness, Laurie! At least you have very understanding friends, that know your frustrations. You are right, though, in thinking that this, too, shall pass! Have a super weekend!Dacia
PS: We did miss you last night.

Tairi said...

Hey...This is your blog and you can say what you want! I admire you for all the things you get done in one day. I thought I was busy. I look at the clock and it is 1:00pm and I havent even showered! haha

I feel bad for Stephen, I would cry too.

Unknown said...

I hope whatever it is, it passes quickly.