Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday Treat

I was laying down Sunday afternoon, hoping for a nap. My allergies have been pretty bad so my nose is really stuffy so sleeping is not that easy. I decided to get up and catch up on my weekend blogging. I had only gotten a little ways in, when one of my kids came running in "Mom! You have to come see the horse!" Me, of course, wondering what horse and why. I went out to find Brother Clayton and his boy out in my driveway with their horse, Callie. My kids were SO excited. He offered to let each one have a ride.

Other than the fighting over who goes next and sits where, it was really fun. The kids all took a couple turns riding and then leading. At one point, no one wanted to lead so the horse decided she was going home. Stephen and Bo were on at the time and couldn't get her to come back. Kind of scared Bo. John had to run after them and bring the horse back. After that we made sure someone always had the rope. Katy thought it was the greatest, that is until the horse decided to "nay". Totally freaked her out and we had to take her off. When Callie would nay, her whole body would shake. The other kids thought it was kind of neat, but Bo and Katy wanted no part of that. When Glade got home and we told him about the adventure, Katy just kept saying "horsie....shake!"

Thanks so much Brother Clayton, for thinking of our family. It's always nice when someone goes out of their way to make someone else's day. Let me tell you, you made their day!




Katy trying on John's hat

Rhett and Whitley


Whitley and Bo with Stephen leading


Rhett leading Brooklyn and Dalin in the passengers seat, as he calls it



Rhett and Katy




Bo and Stephen


Stephen and Bo with Bro. Clayton





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! I have never seen a "passenger seat" on a horse! What a great memory for the kids to have. Dacia

Tammy said...

John and Jacob both had a really good time with your kids. The pictures are so cute! I was really hoping John did not wake you up from a nap. I'm glad you were already up.

Leslie said...

Great pictures, too. Aren't you glad you have a good camera?

Lulu said...

Uh oh, John may have his hands full of children wanting Sunday rides after that fun day! Great pictures! I love that Dalin called it the passenger seat... he cracks me up.

Jake and Jenny said...

That is so neat! Such cute pictures of your kids! What a wonderful Sunday afternoon activity!