Thursday, March 19, 2009

I'm Leeeeaaaaaving!

I have spent the entire morning doing laundry. Blech!! But now it's done and put away and I can finally head out. Actually we aren't leaving for a few hours, but I can see the light! It really has been a good spring break and the kids have been really good, but I always enjoy some adult time away. Whitley left early this morning for the Fourth Year High Adventure part of girls camp. She will be gone the same time as we will be. Stephen leaves tomorrow for a scout campout and Chelsey works Friday and Saturday. I guess that makes it a little easier for my mom who is staying with the kids. Maybe not though, those are all her big kids! Good Luck mom. Jenny is picking me up soon and we are heading to the mall to get a pair of flip flops I found last week. I chose not to buy them, but then I got a 30% off coupon in my email so now I am! After that, we will go pick up the boys and head to Lake Havasu. We have no idea what is there to do, but we figured even if we just hang out and do nothing, that will still be fun. It's all about the company! We love Jake and Jenny.

A little update on the work week for Nick. He doesn't mind the hard work, but yesterday they let him loose on his own and it kind of swallowed him up. He just couldn't keep up. I should have taken a picture of his clothes when he came home. His jeans looked like someone dipped HIM in the icing. He is definitely ready to be done, but we haven't done the money part yet so I'm still anxious for his reaction to that. Today is his last day since Glade and I are leaving. Lucky duck!!

5 comments:

Lulu said...

You have such a great mom!

Heather said...

Have fun and enjoy some free time. Jenny and Jake will be so much fun to hang with. Happy spring break.

Anonymous said...

You can rent jet skis! The water may be chilly, but it would be fun. I'm glad Nick survived the week (and Glade). Dacia

Tairi said...

LUCKY! have fun on your getaway. Good luck to Glade too! I am sure Nick will get the hang of it eventually!

Tammy said...

Hope you are having fun! Sounds like a great time!