Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The REST of my birthday

I thought my day couldn't get any better. But it did. My dad called, my sister called and my favorite Gram sent me an email all saying happy birthday. Even with all the craziness, Glade and I managed to grab dinner at El Rico's. It was quick, but while we were there, a waiter brought out a huge bunch of beautiful, smelly (in a good way) flowers and a card. Glade did really good on that one! While we were eating, the girl I visit teach came in with her family and she remembered it was my birthday so they all sang to me. Several of my friends brought by little goodies which is always a treat and while picking up Dalin at scouts, all the scouts came over singing to me. My kids gave me a card that said I was mother of the year and I had to sign on the line to get my award. Then when you opened the card, there was a paragraph above my signature excusing them from school and all sorts of unpleasant tasks. Crazy kids. Seriously, it was a perfect birthday. Thanks to everyone who helped make that happen.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Cool! Way to go, Glade. Did you watch The Biggest Loser? I hope the black team has to go to eliminations so they can get rid of the biggest threat...Mikey. That'd show his dad. ;)

Shelli said...

I really don't understand why people don't like birthdays. Mine have always been great. Glad to hear yours was too. I love the kids card. Too smart!