Sunday, November 30, 2008

shoppin then droppin

The big shopping day. I was mostly done shopping so I didn't have a whole lot to shop for, but I would never miss the big day! My mom was home this time so we divided up to get the big things we were looking for. I can't say what that is obviously, but we didn't do so well. We miscommunicated and she thought I was getting 3 and I thought she was getting 3. Woops. We ended up one short. What to do? Store hop! After 4 different locations, we found the missing item..Yeah!



Normally I love this day. People are usually nice and there is the adrenaline of course, but this year I happened to run into a big Ms. Cranky Pants right off the bat. That kind of set my tone a little so I didn't enjoy it as much as usual. The store I was at was set up really stupid anyway, couldn't find anything I was looking for. Very frustrating. I was headed to Toys R Us about an hour after they opened when a friend informed me that the line to get in was still around the corner of the building. Instead we went to breakfast and one other stop. I eventually got to Toys R Us and was able to get everything on my list with absolutely no waiting, not even to check out..Sweet! A very successful day in the end. I was able to get a 3 hour nap then Glade and I headed out for a quick dinner and we went back to do some "idea" shopping. Did I mention Glade got up at 4 am with me to help out? What a guy! I also had another friend go, but this was her first time and well, let's just say....she didn't like it! Sorry!



Saturday I got up not so early and headed out again. This time with my mom and Chelsey. Got a few more things, headed home had another nap then decided to do some running. Glade and I did 3 and a half miles around our neighborhood then started putting up our Christmas lights. Oh yea, earlier we put up the trees. (the kids and I) Still not decorated, but up. We worked on the lights till we were too tired to finish. We were short a strand and needed to repair a few things. Not only did Glade run with me, but he rode 56 miles earlier that morning. His legs were really tired. We got the kids around for bed and church and hit the sack early. What a weekend!



As a consequence of my actions, today, Sunday, I realized we were out of bread and milk and had very little butter. There are a lot of things ruled out without those ingredients. I made bread, but we had a very interesting lunch! Tonight we are all, the adults, going to our Stake's Christmas concert. Last year it was AMAZING. I'm not even exaggerating. Chelsey and Whitley went last night and said it was so great. I'm excited to go again this year. A great way to start the season.



This week we have something every single night right up till next Sunday. Crazy. I'm trying to just do one day at a time and not let it overwhelm me. The week after that I leave for New York! When I get home from that, there will only be 10 days left till Christmas. So basically for me, it's right around the corner!

2 comments:

Heather said...

You know I live in walking distance and I have bread and milk and enough to spare. Feel free to stop by and get some.

This is the first year in many I didn't do black friday shopping. It sure is fun. Maybe next year we can get a fun group together and then do breakfast.

Lulu said...

I thought for a minute that I was the cranky woman you ran into that morning! Ha ha, I just don't have the same love for shopping that you do!

You are on the ball with all the decor this year! I thoght I was good with my lights already up-

I'm sad I missed that concert by the stake- I have been sick as a dog.