Monday, November 17, 2008

Day at the Mall

Well, she left me. She's gone. Six whole days without my mom. How will I survive? We went to see her off and give her a couple things to take with her this morning. She is headed to Illinois to be with our family for Thanksgiving. She will be home before then, but that's why she's there. After leaving her house, I thought "I'm already in town. I might as well check out the mall!" Not to mention with this stupid 85 degree weather, I thought a nice indoor activity would be good. Grrr at the weather!

I didn't even have my good stroller, but we braved it anyway. What a disappointing day for shopping. First we hit Mervyn's. I'm glad I shop there regularly. They are going out of business and are clearance-ing the whole store. Yeah right. Things are more expensive now then they ever have been. On a normal day, most things are "on sale - 50% off". Now the entire store is 40% off with big announcements making it sound like you better grab it quick before there is nothing left. No thanks. Then we stopped at the Children's Place. Nothing that exciting there either. Not even any clearance stuff. Very small selection of dresses as well. I almost bought one, but decided to slip it on her first. It was not cute at all on her. Glad I tried it.

Next was JC Penney. I got some thing in the mail that I didn't look very close at about a one day sale. Well, it's not till next Monday and it's at the outlet store. They had a dress for Katy that I loved! But it was $24 and I'm just not spending that on a 2 yr old's dress. So we had lunch, played in the play place and rode the bull. Got a mini ice-cream cone from McDonalds and headed home.

While at the mall, I made some observances. The old people seemed mostly patient and admiring of the kids. You just never know. But because we were not in a stroller, they were a little noticeable running and squealing down the corridors. It was nice to see the elderly stop and smile at them instead of scowl and grumble. While they were climbing all over the 'ride on' toys, I was trying to find one more quarter in my purse and a woman came up and put 4 quarters in the ride for them. She didn't even have any kids. So whereas I left empty handed, my heart was a little fuller.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

What a sweet observation. I hope I'm that nice old lady and not the grumbling one!
Les.

Shelli said...

I'm glad you found the nice ones. I seem to find the ones that drive WAY TOO SLOW!!