Saturday, November 22, 2008

Move your Can!

That was the title of the Eagle Project we participated in this morning. He organized a "fun run" with the entrance fee of a can of food. We took all the kids except Chelsey and did the 2 mile run. It was actually pretty fun. I think they said there were about 150 people there. Now, there were many children under 10 so keep that in mind. Nick came in 3rd overall at 14 and something minutes. Rhett was 5th at 16 and something minutes. Pretty impressive! Brooklyn was just ahead of me the whole time. All the kids started out with a serious bolt at the beginning. Every time I thought I would catch her, she took off running again. The kids are funny that way. They sprint then walk for a little bit, sprint again. Me, just a steady jog. I did finally catch her right before the finish line. She said "Is that the finish line?". When I told her it was, she took off in another sprint and beat me by 5 seconds. Little stinker. I beat Stephen and Dalin by about 2 and a half minutes. My final time was 21:04. I think that was pretty good! Now you may be wondering about the rest of my family. Well, Glade stayed back with the babies. He "ran" most of it with Katy on his shoulders. Crazy. She just sat up there with her little chubby cheeks and arms bouncing away. They caught Whitley at one point and she agreed to walk with Bo. They came in almost dead last. She was a trouper to help Bo though. Glade wouldn't let me take Katy from him and insisted on crossing with her. He wasn't too far behind the rest of us! We all got medals.

We were in a rush to go clean the church so when we passed a yard sale with a bunk bed, Glade said "After." We went and cleaned for about half and hour then went back to the yard sale. I have been looking for a bunk bed for Bo and Katy. She has climbed out of her crib once already. This was actually just the top part of "L" bunk beds. It needed to be painted and was missing a few spindles. I asked Glade if he had $10 in his wallet. He said "you're only gonna offer her $10?" NO, that's what the sticker said! $10 and a gallon of paint and I'm good to go. I'll just put the bed frame Bo is using right now as the bottom bed. SWEET!

Went and got my nails done, took Chelsey to work, had a short nap and shower and now we are about to be off to see Twilight. I'm very excited. We are going with some friends and taking Nick and Stephen as well. They haven't read it, but I thought they might still like it. I'm sure I will have my review up here in no time!

2 comments:

Heather said...

great idea for an eagle project. What a fun way to spend as a family.

I am going to see Twilight this week, but can't wait to read your review.

Leslie said...

That's a great idea, and you guys did great! Yard sales rock. Nice score on the bunk bed!