Thursday, November 13, 2008

Very different day

Yesterday was nothing like the previous. I vowed to stay home in my PJ's all day. By noon, I had cleaned the kitchen including floors, cleaned my bathroom, done some laundry, made banana bread, straightened my hair, made lunch and dinner, put away Halloween stuff, cleaned my front porch and tended my friends kids so she could have some free time. This may sound busy, but it was a slow kind of busy. Relaxed. AND in my PJ's the whole time! After naps, it started getting crazy again.

My kids performances start this week so they have full makeup dress rehearsals just about every night. Trying to get homework, dinner and makeup all done for 5 kids before 5 pm is a bit tricky. After dropping them off for practice, I met Glade at the track so we could run.

We started out walking for 3/4 of a mile, I was still sore from the day before. I have no idea how Glade pushes himself like he does. I would have stopped long before we did. I ended up going 6.38 miles. He was a lap ahead of me. I could feel every muscle in my legs. Just to clarify, I went that far, not ran that far. We did it in an hour and 20 minutes which is not very good. Taking into consideration that we walked for so long at the beginning and that I forgot we were running and ate a spicy dinner with a big soda, not that bad. When we got home, we checked the results of the Turkey Trot for last year and if I did it in about that time on Thanksgiving, I would still beat about 100 people. Just don't want to be dead last! Now, there were like 1300 people running, so that is really a pretty sucky time. I know I can finish, I'm just anxious to see how far I can push in actual race situation.

Naptime funny

Bo was laying across me as usual and he says :
Do bananas grow on trees or in our house?
Me: trees
(then a long explanation that the trees are not in the stores)
Me: now be quiet and go to sleep
Bo: do rocks disappear in the grass
Me: yep now shhhh
Bo: All the time or sometimes?
Me: yes shhhhh
Bo: I want a superman muchiez
Me: OK now shhhhhhhhhh!
Bo: You like me to lay on you - Why do I keep saying that?!?
Me: I don't know and Yes - I do!

1 comment:

Kristine said...

I want to know what kind of productions your kids are involved in. I will have to quiz you tonight! As for the Turkey Trot...your adrenaline will kick in and you will be amazed at what you can do! I know you will do great!