Monday, November 10, 2008

Waited too long again

We'll start off with a little kid humor. I was sitting here paying my bills when in a matter of about 3 seconds, Bo walks in, yanks down his undies and asks "did I wipe good enough?" Now imagine him with his little hands back there pulling apart his butt cheeks. Nice. Then he says "I only have a little poop on my finger." He's washing now.

Friday
Friday was a doozy. The big kids had to be at Youth Conference at 5:30, the play kids had to be at practice at 5:30 and Chelsey had a performance at 5:30. Did I mention that Glade and I were leaving for an event at 4:30? thanks to my oh-so-dependable mom, everyone got to where they needed to be. Along with 4 other couples, we went to an event called Time Out for Couples. A 3 hour presentation about marriage. We all rode in our van and went to dinner first. That's when the craziness began. I won't go into detail, but I was having some girl issues beyond description. This was very distracting to what was supposed to be a great night. That's the other thing, the event was very disappointing. It was OK, but not what I had expected. The music guy was awful. I say that nicely, but it's nothing I would ever choose to listen to. We got ice cream then headed home. Got home about 11:30. In a tired rush to take care of my earlier issues, I washed my brand new cell phone. Sigh.

Saturday
The craziness continues. Glade and the big kids had to be at a service project at 6:45 am and the play kids had a performance at 9:30. Rhett missed scout day camp and we all missed Kelsey's baptism. bummer. Whitley had to be at play practice by 12:30, she was half an hour late. Chelsey had a choir concert the same time as the afternoon part of youth conference. She spent much of the afternoon crying. She was tired, frustrated and just plain stressed. I felt bad for her. Whitley went straight from play practice back to youth conference. They had classes then a dinner by Carrabbas. After that was testimony meeting. That always gets my girls going. Nick got to go as a special request by me to the bishop. He's not 14 yet, but close, so they let him go. I thought it would be good for him.
After all the afternoon craziness, I headed out to get a new cell phone. (which I paid a pretty penny for) After that, I wandered over to Kirkland to look for a bunko gift. Nothing like Kirkland to put you in the Christmas spirit! I was in no hurry so I just wandered around looking at all the pretty things and enjoying the smells. I still had 3 stops to make but it was all good because 99.9 had already started playing Christmas music! It was the best 2 hours all to myself.

Sunday
Nothing too exciting, typical Sunday. Dinner was great, yummy roast and potatoes. Lots of family showed up. We even got to watch a couple's kids that are in our ward while they went to temple prep classes. That was fun. The weather was chilly with a lot of wind. Glade, Chelsey and Whitley felt yucky all day. The kids had a fireside to wrap up youth conference at 7. Stephen got to go to this one. They all came back and said it was great. Glade went to bed early and I got some reading in. The anticipation of the crazy weekend was worse than the actual weekend, for me at least!

Sidenote - I had to type this whole thing twice because when I hit publish, it went into all sorts of crazy computer lingo. Grrrr.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Dang Laurie I felt like our weekend was crazy, but no, it was yours. :)

Sorry I didn't get to the Christmas list stuff this weekend. Our whole family is sick, and nobody felt like doing anything that didn't NEED to be done.

I feel like taking pictures of the piles of toys and posting those saying..."see anything you want? Make an offer" But, I don't think that's the spirit. :)

Heather said...

bummer about Friday night, I heard those time outs are usually good. I guess I am glad I missed that one.

Camille said...

I'm so sorry that you didn't have a good time at timeout for couples. I drug Jerel there a few years back and LOVED it--he won't admit it, but he enjoyed it too. Plus, I love the timeouts for women. Maybe it will be better next time.

Lulu said...

Yup, hands down the best part of friday evening was hanging out with you guys!

Christmas music already??

Crappy deal about your phone!! I am so sorry.

Leslie said...

Sorry about your phone and your girl issues. Yuk! I can't imagine the craziness of getting everyone everywhere. We only have three kids that need to be anywhere, and two of them usually need to be the same place. I'm tired just reading about your weekend.
However, I'm super glad to hear the Christmas music is playing already, and that you got some time to yourself.
I'm too lazy to click on your other post, but I LOVE the garbage truck analogy.
Les.