Tuesday, November 4, 2008

whew!

My days have been full since Halloween. Partly because I have to follow Katy around with a wash rag to clean up the sticky mess she seems to always be. I don't know where she finds the candy, but she does. Today, chocolate all over my carpet. Not one of my kids ruins clothes the way she does. The worst part is she always so adorable about it, it's hard to be mad at her. I know, I'm just old and soft.

Sunday we had a good Regional Conference. Elder Packer spoke. He was a little hard to follow, but very charming with great whit. I went away with a stronger desire to get my family prepared and to push up my sleeves and be ready to work. With election day at hand, the sinking feeling that our country is going to the toilet sets in more abundantly than ever. I just hope 102 passes and the family can be protected. It has been very interesting to talk about it with our kids.

Sunday night we had dinner at the Smith's to break our fast. We were fasting for Aunt Cheryl who found out she has advanced breast cancer. Our prayers are still with her. It was an enjoyable night. I passed out the Christmas Jars I made and presented the idea to everyone. Without reading the book, the spirit of it might be harder to get. Everyone agreed, we shall see.

Monday I spent the day out. Dalin still had a fever, but I sent him to school. After I picked up my babies from my mom, I went to get Chelsey from school so she could watch them. I then went and picked up Dalin and took him to urgent care. Of course he didn't have a fever then. They tested him for both Strep and Mono, both negative. His lymph nodes in his neck were extremely large and high (?). They put him on Amoxicillan and told me to follow up. He has been having headaches lately and that concerns me. Those were similar symptoms as Glade had when he got meningitis. Today he went to the nurse to get Tylenol because his head hurt. Scary.

The kids had play practice last night so Glade and I went and ran the track at the H.S. Went 4 and half miles. I really need to get serious about training and eating better if I'm going to run the Turkey Trot and fit into my jeans! I have done pretty well today, I didn't even eat the bread I made. This morning Glade and I went and voted. We went to the wrong place and waited 25 minutes before we were told to go somewhere else. Frustrating. The place we were supposed to go was almost empty.

My new blog is taking off pretty well. Have had several people ask to participate and a few posts already as well. Hopefully in a week or so, things will be jumping. Yeah for Christmas!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I just looked at the Christmas Exchange site for the first time and it looks like it's going great so far. :)

My only suggestion is to maybe have some categories set up so that you can show them on the sidebar. I'm not SURE how to do that, but I see it on the hairblogs I use all the time.

Heather said...

I was at the HS last night and saw 2 sheriff cars doing something in the parking lot, were you there?

Hey I must be totally retarded to not figure out the new website thing. I am usually pretty smart about this stuff but have no idea how to get myself added. HELP!!!! I think it is a fantastic idea.

Scary about Dalin, let us know what you find out. That fever has gone on way to long.