Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Zoo

Today we ventured to one of my favorite places in the world...the zoo. (total sarcasm) Bo has been wanting to go and I remembered I had a season pass so I rounded up some other moms and kids and away we went. There were 11 kids, the oldest 4 and 4 adults. We were able to get everyone in for free but one adult. Nice. The kids had a great time and behaved so well! One friend called and tried to dog out at the last minute so I let her, but took her kids anyway. No way was I gonna have to explain to Bo why Brayden wasn't coming! I'm so glad they went. We had a great time. We packed lunches and only stayed for about 2 hours. That's the beauty of a season pass. You don't feel the need to see the whole zoo in one day. I forgot my camera so Julia picked up my slack and took pictures for me.


Katy and Jason climbing up to go down the slide. Katy started out with a really cute little pony and green bow, but had it pulled out before we even got to the zoo. Hence the freaky hair.



Braydon, Lainy and Bo heading in to the zoo. They all truly love each other. Always big hugs and squeals.



Before you enter the zoo, there is a bridge over a little pond. There are ducks and turtles in it. The climbing totally freaks me out, that's why mine are down low!



Jason, Jared and Bo coming down from the Giraffe platform. It takes you high enough to get you eye level with the giraffes.


Not a flattering picture of me, but great of the giraffes. We got lucky and got there at feeding time, same with the elephants.

Katy was totally scared of the goats. You can't see any in the picture, but we were in the petting zoo. She eventually brushed a couple, but did not love it. These benches have sides that slope down. you can kind of see it in the background bench. Katy decided to use it for a slide. This is when I decided we should just go find a playground!



2 comments:

Lulu said...

Hello! Why would you use the slouched pic of you when there is a beautiful one of you just like it?? I posted it on my blog b/c I thought it was such a great picture. We had so much fun- thanks for rounding us all up for it.

Shelli said...

I wasn't just trying to get out of it...I really was exhausted. Thanks again for taking my kids. I'd like to say that I will return the favor but it isn't likely :-)