Tuesday, November 11, 2008

How Many Hours In a Day?

Today I'm sure there were extra. Although there was no school, I was awake by 6:30. I'm pretty sure I had kids up and on the computer by 6. I got up and around and drug myself to the gym. First time in like a month. I ran two straight miles today..woohoo. The treadmill is so much easier than the track. I ended up going 5.25 miles. Not all running, but more than half.
After the gym, I went to my mom's to drop off some gifts. She is my storage. Was home by 11:15 and jumped in the shower. Glade called and left some urgent message for me to call back. I cut my shower short and called a little worried. Yeah, he just wanted to let me know he had scheduled a meeting I had to be at for 2. Are you kidding?? Hello?? Nap time!!
I threw my hair in a bun and got ready. Tyler and Jake came to fix my hot water, the forever problem. I left before them so I don't know what the final verdict was. I went to Goodwill before I went to the meeting. What a place. So full of just random stuff! You definitely can't go in there in a rush. So much to see. Went to the meeting then to lunch with Glade and his parents. I went to one more Goodwill before I went home. I have to say, I came away happy with my finds.
Had to pick up Whitley at a friends and finally arrived home about 5:30. My house was still standing and everyone was safe.....and dirty. Isn't that the sign of a happy kid? Fixed some dinner, gave a few baths (in which Katy pooped), and started my bread. I had a 7 pm deadline! The Biggest Loser.
That brings me to a whole nother story. I'm sooooo disappointed in this season. Pretty much I'm just mad at the end of every episode. I'm considering writing to the station and letting them know I hate what's going on and if future seasons are the same, I will not watch. Vicki brings out a very angry and hateful side of me. When Brady got eliminated, you would have thought I just won the lottery. Screaming, jumping, pointing and some not very nice words shouted at the TV. Unfortunately my girls were witnesses and reminded me that Jesus said love everyone. Sigh. I'm working on it.
Finally, this is too personal to share too much, but I had a wonderful experience driving in my car today in which I was reflecting on someone else and their struggles and I had an unmistakable answer come to me regarding one of my own struggles. Total peace. So grateful.
Not having down time makes for a really long day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so agree with you about Biggest Loser. Watching it last night, I was so angry at Vicky. She is just MEAN. I know it's a game, but she doesn't need to be so vindictive.
I am happy to hear you found peace in your struggle.
Dacia

Heather said...

soooo, was this the goodwill on Power? Is it open already? I haven't been to one of those stores in a really long time but I think it would be fun to go.

So glad you got your answer to your struggle, that always feels goo.

Kathy said...

The biggest loser stinks! I sooo wanted somebody else to come back last night...ANYBODY else! Vicky is such a B! I just want somebody to smack her...and I think Bob wants to. :) I'm very worried that Amy will pay for her vote, but I'm still VERY glad she did it.
Hopefully they can take Vicky next, and we can start enjoying the show again.

Kristine said...

What a day! I was also upset by biggest loser and went on the website to see what others were saying and all the comments agreed with what you and I both felt! Many said that they just wanted to stop watching. I also jumped up and down rejoicing when Brady got sent home!