Friday, November 14, 2008

Bunko

From left to right, starting in the back: Tracie, Natalie, Dacia, Carla, Ann, Kristine, and Kelly. (Thanks Dacia!) Bottom: Leslie, Camille, Jana, Laurie, and Tiffany.

Last night was Bunko. I always look forward to this particular night of the month. Bunko is a dice game of total luck. We have 12 members of our group, all women of course. We each bring a dish for a potluck dinner then eventually (most of the time) get around to playing the game. I believe we have been together for right around 11 years. Of course, we have had s come and go, but the core has been there that long. We have truly become great friends. Even though lots of us only see each other on that night, we never lack for things to talk about. Our conversations range from our families, to church callings, to goofy y things, to very spiritual things. We rarely go a night without encompassing all of the above. We are silly and giggle and eat and giggle and genuinely love the time we spend together. I will admit there has been the occasional rift, but nothing that has ever been too severe or lasting. Rarely do I make it home before 11 pm. (my drive is much longer than most!) When we have eaten and played, we exchange gifts. We all bring a $10 gift then we get to choose in order of how we did playing the game. Most of us bring something we want to take home. Our husbands like to tease us about "what did you buy yourself for bunko?" Some times it works out and sometimes it doesn't. It really is the least important part of the night. I figured since I have been doing this so long, I should get it down for the record. I took my camera last night, much to the dismay of my cohorts, to get a group shot of my Bunko friends. Camille's husband Jerel was kind enough to come into the craziness long enough to take this. Thanks Jerel!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

This is a great synopsis. I'm glad you got a picture. I should post some of my old ones. :)
Les.

Anonymous said...

Kelly is the newest member our our FANTASTIC group!

Kristine said...

Great Times!

Jake and Jenny said...

Bunko night is great! I hosted it at my house on Wednesday. Glad you had a fun girls night!

Camille said...

I love you guys--my bunko gals!!