Sunday, November 16, 2008

Random Stuff

Friday at the show, Rhett came out to the foyer before the show and showed me a scrape he got on his arm. I looked, said awww and then said "now scoot back so I can take your picture." He told me not yet, he had to go wash off his scrape. What?? You can't wash it off I tell him. No, he says. I just need A WET PAPER TOWEL on it! I was cracking up. If you are coming in late on this story, I have always told my kids to do that whenever they have minor owwies that you can't really do anything about. One day recently, Chelsey was helping one of the little ones and she said "let's get a wet paper towel". Then she looked at me and very accusingly said "Hey! That doesn't do anything!" Took her 16 years to figure it out. Before the night was through, Bo had one on his nose and Katy had a big bonk on her forehead.

Saturday morning we decided to go for a short workout. Glade, Stephen, Rhett and I walked up to the track, which is a mile. Then we went 3 miles on the track and walked the mile back home. When we got home, I thought to myself "what a great day when 5 miles seems like an easy workout!"

After running, I got around, took Chelsey to work, got groceries and got home just in time to take the kids to their afternoon performance. Molly let me sneak in the back and watch again. I enjoyed it so much more without babies and camera woes. They did really good, maybe even better. As soon as we got home from the performance we left for a date with some friends. We went to a mall we had never been to. Way to high end for me. We had dinner and ice cream then headed home. A very long, but good day.

A good Sunday. Found out we start church at 8 am starting next week. I am way excited about that. Today I made pumpkin bread, pumpkin cobbler and apple pie. It was a good time to because I knew it would all get eaten at Sunday dinner, not just by me! I think we have 4 or 5 more family members running the Turkey Trot. Should be fun with so many friends and family around. I also just realized I can't go to my Christmas Bunko because I leave for New York that day. Unbelievable. I have NEVER missed a Christmas Bunko. Ah well, at least it's for something really great. Speaking of which. I decided to try on my skinny jeans just for fun. I actually wore them to the performance Friday night. Once I had them on for a while, they weren't too bad. They don't look great on me though. They fit really well everywhere but my tummy. No big shocker there. They are just low rise enough that they squeeze everything extra over the top. Not that attractive. Just need to wear the right shirt. OR I could lose 10 more lbs!

4 comments:

Lulu said...

ha ha- I think it's hilarious that you openly post about your skinny jean issue.

And I love the paper towel fix.

Leslie said...

What?! I don't think I can go to Christmas Bunko without you. Especially because I'll just be jealous all night of you being in New York!
Les.

Heather said...

yeah for getting into your skinny jeans. laughing that you admitted to muffin top issues. I like that you are so honest.

Jake and Jenny said...

That is so awesome that you are running the Turkey Trot! It will be fun to see you guys there. I will be there to cheer everyone on!