Tuesday, September 1, 2009

PollyAnna

Sunday was a nice relaxing day. Church went well, got a small nap and then made dinner. It's funny, since I have been planning my meals and sticking to them, my kids seem to be really happy. Almost every day when asked "what's for dinner?", someone gives a big "yes!" Today was no exception. Ground beef was on sale so we had meat loaf. I don't make it often because it takes a lot of hamburger to feed my family. We also had corn on the cob which is a special treat. Since I was feeling all domestic, I also made apple crisp for dessert. We didn't have a big family dinner so we settled in to watch the movie PollyAnna. I had read somewhere that it was a great movie to illustrate gratitude. Unfortunately, it didn't keep the interest of my children. I thought it was a cute movie. Very interesting to see the differences in time periods. This starts out with a little boys naked butt as he swings from a rope into the water. You would never see that today!

They enjoyed the apple crisp, which by the way, was made with 10 yr old dehydrated apple slices. They were only a little chewy, but no one seemed to mind. Ate it all up. While watching the movie, the doorbell rang. To our surprise, a family in our ward brought us a treat of orange rolls. Double treats! It was a really nice Sunday.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I L♥VED PollyAnna as a kid. We must have watched it a thousand times.

"PollyAnna, PollyAnna wanna come out and play? PollyAnna, PollyAnna let's go fishin."