Saturday, September 5, 2009

Canning Chicken

Yesterday I canned chicken for the first time. I have always been afraid of it since I didn't know how and didn't even own a pressure cooker, much less know how to work one. I decided to just do it. So easy! I borrowed a cooker, bought some meat on sale and went to it. I did it at my mom's house because I was told you couldn't do it on a flat top stove. It was nice to have the company and support as well. I'm going to try some really soon so I can see what it's like before I do any more. Now I'm looking all over for "what else" I can can. It could be the start of a new obsession.

I tried ordering jars in bulk for friends and neighbors, but after shipping I just couldn't get it cheap enough to beat Wal-Mart and Costco. I did get a good order for PETE containers and will put that in on Tuesday.

We have had some great rain and storms lately. I love it. I still wish I lived somewhere with seasons. The older I get the less I like AZ. My kids think I'm crazy. Today is cloudy, but when you open the door, you are slapped with the same unpleasant flash of heat. Sucks. Last night we went to the mall to check on the Spinny Thing. It's a little "ride" thing Glade is in on. It was really nice outside by about 7:30 last night, nice breeze. We had dinner then walked around the mall. Nothing exciting, just out. Today I need to get my nails done. Way too long. I'm trying to get them done less often so it costs me less, but the waiting is killer.

I only missed one day of exercise this week and did mostly good on my eating. I'm sure the ice cream cone wasn't that great last night, but hey...it's date night. I need to run today, maybe even bike since it's cloudy. We'll see, first is the nails!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

We have a flat top stove and I have been canning on it for years without any problem.