Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Lightening and Burning Half

I don't remember Monday. I remember working out and hating every minute of it. Someone told me that it only takes two weeks to undo everything you've done. Well that would make sense. We had dinner and FHE with brownies for a treat. There went the diet. During the lesson, we could hear that a storm was brewing. After, we all went out front and enjoyed the storm. The littler ones played out in the rain while us more mature ones sat on the porch and watched. The lightening was amazing. I have never watched lightening that actually hurt my eyes. It rained pretty hard for a little while during which I actually shivered! Yeah for shivering! It didn't last. As soon as the rain stopped, it warmed right back up. It was great to have the whole family outside doing nothing together. Now if only I had that porch swing!

Today I woke up on the wrong side of the bed for sure. Everything was getting me all worked up this morning. Kids poking around, babies not listening, puppies pooping...just wasn't good. I did a ton of laundry. That's always good to get that done. I did the treadmill again and for the first time in a really long time, I stuck to my eating plan. I can't believe how hard it has been. Habits are really hard to break. This summer I have gained 5 lbs. It feels like 20. My clothes are tight and I feel like crap. All this crapiness just makes me want more ice cream. Totally backwards. Today I decided to try to burn half of everything I eat. If you see me in the next few weeks and I look terrible, it's because I'm staying in clothes I can work out in and not doing my hair too much. The first day is always the hardest, but I actually made it all the way through the day without cheating. Let me tell you, it was hard! All I could think about was eating and not being able to. Did I mention it totally sucks! Hopefully tomorrow will be a little easier and once the scale drops a little, even easier. I really want to feel good and strong again. The lazy, traveling summer was fun, but not good for me. I really need some serious motivation.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

5 pounds? Pfhsssssh!! I've gained 10!! Ri-frickin-diculous!

Here are my excuses; It's too hot, the kids are sick, I'm too lazy, tired, busy, hungry, sick...my ankle, shoulder or head hurt. We were on vacation.

Last night at the gym some man asked me where I've been. "Around" He said he's seen Joe, but not me. Thanks dude. Wanna kick me in the stomache too? I think Joe put him up to that.

OK, now that I got that out I'm back in too. :) Thanks for the post Laurie!

Tammy said...

I love Arizona lightning storms!