Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ten Bucks


Our date night turned out even better than I had planned. We showed up to Amazing Jake's right around 6 pm. We all bought two for one games of mini golf and laser tag. A total of $10 bucks. We all went and got loads of pizza, pasta, salad and desert. First we played mini golf. The course is totally cheesy but fun if you are with the right people. After, we wanted to bowl, but you had to pay for that separately because the two for ones couldn't be used on that. No biggie, we used the $5 game card that came free with our entrance, so technically it was free. It was kind of like rock n bowl. It would have been really fun, but earlier in the day I had stubbed my toe and it was really killing me. I was walking funny as to not put pressure on it which in turn caused my whole foot to cramp. Was a bit of a bummer. I still got 4th bowling though. After bowling, being old and all, we decided we weren't up for laser tag. We went to get our money back and the girl didn't realize we had used buy one get ones and refunded us the total amount which was $10 per couple. She had already finalized the transaction before we realized what she had done. Now we hadn't actually spent any money. Feeling like that wasn't exactly right, we decided to buy $10 game cards to "re-invest" that money to their business. BUT we had buy one get ones for those too, so we actually got $20 worth of game cards. BUT for some reason, she put $12 on each card. If your brain hurts and you don't want to do all that math, here's the short version: all you can eat dinner, drinks and dessert..mini golf...bowling...$24 game cards all for $10. Can't hardly beat that! We didn't leave till almost 11. I was really tired and my foot was killing me, but what a fun night.
Funny follow up....this morning while fixing breakfast, Bo noticed the stamp on my hand and commented that my stamp was still on from when we went way back in July. How could he possibly remember what that looked like??? They thought it very unfair that we went without them.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

How do you find those kind of great deals!! I need to tap into your source!