Sunday, September 6, 2009

Fabulous Weekend

What a great weekend. I'm sure the rain had a little to do with my outlook. After a great and relaxing date night, I spent Saturday morning hanging out with Chelsey. Got our nails done and did a few other errands together. I like her. Came home to get some chores done and do more meat! It's great because after you get it started, you don't have to worry about it much till it's done. I decided to take a nap...shocking, I know. Here are a few shots of the actual "doings".


In an effort to be a good mom, I told the kids we would do something on Saturday night. We all went to see "Up". I wasn't that impressed. Cute but too much inference for my younger ones to get it. Whitley had already seen it twice so when Katy got too restless, she took her out to walk around the mall. That turned into a disaster. Whitley didn't get her to the bathroom in time so she peed all over the place. We didn't have extra clothes for her, so I left the movie, gave Whitley $10 and told her to go find the cheapest pair of shorts she could find. When the movie was over, I called to ask how it went and I could hear Katy screaming. They had only been in the store for a minute or so when Katelyn started crying saying her belly hurt. Whitley took her to the bathroom again, but wouldn't let her leave till she went potty. Katy just screamed. I went and got a pair of pants and met them outside the bathroom, changed her and we headed out. Way too much drama. We stopped by McDonald's for some ice cream before heading home. It was nice to get out of the house with everyone.


This is what happens on a rainy day when children are left unattended. My "mud room" has earned it's name after this.


Today I got up bright and early and started another batch of meat. I cut up and canned all the meat so I could be done with that. Church was good, I love testimony meeting. Both my big girls got up and both made me cry. Came home and started another batch of meat. I now have 28 completed quarts of meat. I still have 8 lbs of sausage and a few more jars of chicken. That will have to wait until tomorrow! Tonight we get to go to Glade's parents house for Sunday dinner. All in all, it's been a very enjoyable and rewarding week end!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow you are doing a ton of meat, that is so great. When I start mine again I will have to call you because I have already forgotten how the machine thing works.

Tammy said...

Holy meat! That is seriously cool! So have you tasted any of the meat? What did you guys think of it? I don't care so much for the hamburger done this way, although I still did a bunch of it for storage, but all the other types that I have had has been great. I'm glad you had such a great weekend!