Thursday, September 17, 2009

Only a Day?

I feel like the last 24 hours has been forever. Leaving off from yesterday, after NOT getting a nap cuz Katy peed in my bed, I started the afternoon pick up and had dinner ready by 3 pm. The boys had a soccer game and two kids had play practice. That left me not home anywhere around dinner time. I told everyone to just help themselves whenever they felt like it. I dropped the boys off at their game then went to the dollar store, to which I have not been in years. What fun! I didn't get a cart since I was just 'browsing', but soon I had an armful. I noticed a stack of the little baskets with a sign that said "Take one...You'll need it!" I sure did. I kept telling myself to be reasonable and not buy crap. When I got done checking out, he says to me "$10.84." Seriously?? I thought I had grabbed much more than that. The beautiful part is that I walked away with 3 Christmas presents, all the stuff I needed for pack meeting and the stuff I needed for Bunko. (not my gift, I'm not Elaine!) I was quite pleased. Went to the game and watched them win their 4th game in a row. Took Nick home, picked up Chelsey and then took Stephen to play practice. While we waited for practice to get over, Chelsey and I looked for homecoming dresses. That time again!

We agree on very little. I try to not let it bug me, but she can be really difficult sometimes. I decided to not put my 2 cents in and just let her buy what she wanted as long as the price was right and it was appropriate. $23 seems right and the dress is really cute. Of course, she needs a shrug to go over it since they don't make dresses with sleeves anymore. Very frustrating. We shopped for a little purse to go with it, but couldn't find one anywhere. Picked up the kids and finally made it home by about 8 pm.

I was very ready for everyone to head to bed. I found on my DVR that some station is airing a repeat season of TBL. I decided to watch it as well so I could actually watch it a few days a week. I jumped on the treadmill to walk while I watched. Only got about 2 miles in, but at least it's something. What it really was was a bad idea. I slept like crap. I couldn't go to sleep or stay asleep when I finally did doze off. Hence, tons of crazy dreams all night. While trying to go to sleep, I was so hungry and just wanted to eat. Of course, about every other commercial is for some really gooey food item. But I made it through and did not give in. It's just these first few days that are rough. My body will get used to it again, I just have to be strong. My scale is already dropping so that helps.

This morning I spent almost 2 hours trying to figure out this coupon sense things. It's very confusing at first. I think I'm getting the hang of it, but right now it's rather time consuming. Tonight I will go to Fry's and reap some of the rewards. I'll let you know after that if it was worth it! Another soccer game tonight but right now I just want a nap!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm so excited for The Biggest Loser. I think this season will be a good one. I like that they all get both trainers. Hopefully less drama than last time!

Anonymous said...

Elaine would have gone to DI! Too funny. Good for you for walking while watching tv. Maybe we should hook up treadmills to power the tv? NOT.