Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Renewed

Tuesday was the day I had been waiting for for a very long time. The new season of The Biggest Loser started. I know that sounds funny, but for some reason, I do better when I can watch and empathize and gain motivation along with them. I started the morning by going to the gym and instead of my usual lame workout, I decided to go 6 miles to prove to myself I still could. It wasn't so bad and I felt accomplished when I was done. Today, a little sore!

I had three kids home with diarrhea, but thank goodness they are all big enough to make it where they are supposed to be so it wasn't so bad. The afternoon presented itself with normal Tuesday craziness, but I'm used to it so no big deal. I struggled when it came time for the show to actually start and I had to leave for our monthly scout meeting. I know, DVR, but still.....it was happening and I wasn't there! The scout meeting went well and then there was one more group meeting after that. I didn't get home till after 9 pm. I was so anxious to watch it, but I really wanted to walk the whole time. It was too late for that.

I didn't enjoy it as much as I would have had I watched it when it was on. Now I was trying to stay awake so I missed some of the emotion of it. I still teared up, how could you not? Seems like a really good group of people and still so sad to see someone have to leave so quickly. Why is that woman still in the hospital??? I had my appendix out and wasn't in a full week. I'm going with drama. In the end I felt like I had lost a whole pound just from the inspiration of it all!

Today I still had one kid home so I decided to go do a little Christmas browsing. I went to two stores I would never take my kids into and then to Costco. I was there over an hour and only bought 4 things. One was a gift the others were basics. BUT....I have some ideas now and know what I'm missing or not. I totally missed out on free lunch. The one time I don't buy pizza for the kids. Long story short, a woman from a bank was buying lunch for everyone there. I didn't quite understand what she said, so I only ordered two churros to take home to the kids and when I tried to pay, they told me no because that woman was paying for everyone. Man! Would it have been rude at that point to then ask for a whole pizza???? I didn't, but I was bummed.

Lastly, I joined Coupon Sense and I'm already thinking it's too complicated for me to stick with. It's only been a week and not having any coupons built up seems kind of worthless. Hopefully I can figure it out and make it work for me. I need to save $$$$$. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Tammy said...

All I can say is stick with coupon Sense. I can not wait until my life slows down just a little bit and I can get back to that. I did it for years up until a little over a year ago. It gets much easier and once your coupons build up...it becomes really fun! It still kills me to have to pay for some of the things I hadn't payed for in a long time. You're going to love it! Anyway, enjoy, and thanks for your help on Tuesday!

Jake and Jenny said...

I totally cried watching the Biggest Loser! That lady that lost her husband and kids broke my heart! Good for her and her attitude to get back in there! I use coupons but I get them from the paper and just match the sale ads with the coupon, I have never done the coupon sense but I love to save with the coupons!

Lulu said...

Amen to tammy's stick with C$ comment! I LOVE it. And I save a ton. And I cried watching BL too- should be a good season!