Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Slowly but Surely

Last night was a really rough one, making for two in a row. Our lone puppy is just plain sad without her sister. I feel really bad, but the three hours in the middle of the night that she scratched and whined were enough for me to get over that. Not only was I awake the whole time, but it woke Katy up and then she was in my bed. It wasn't constant, just every 25 min or so, just enough time for you to think she was done and relax. So this morning I called animal control and they came and got her. No more pups for us. My kids handled it really well. They still worry about the missing one, but have given up on ideas to find her. We tried to make it all work, but it just didn't. To give an idea of how allergic Bo was, this was a conversation we had when Jaz was missing, I told him someone had probably gotten her and taken her home. He gave a big excited "yes!" and said now he wouldn't be allergic. If only we could make the other one go "bye-bye" his eyes would go straight back to brown! I guess when I kept saying his eyes were red and itchy, he actually thought they were red. Silly boy.

I didn't can a thing today! I had to do all the "call about that", "make a call on this" kind of crap. I hate that. BUT, it's all done and that is a load off. I ran on the treadmill for a short time before I had to go pick up Bo from preschool. I ate soup for lunch to keep my calories down for the day. TOO hot for soup! Did some laundry and laid down for a nap with the kids. I was really tired, so I'm sure I fell asleep for a little bit. Showered and started all the afternoon fun. I was invited to another group's Bunko night, so I'm heading there in a little bit. I'm sure I will sleep good tonight!

Some have mentioned wanting the addy's to the blog's I have been reading. I'm happy to provide them, but only with a disclaimer. These are not canning blogs. They are blogs of two people who try to be as self sufficient as possible. Not all the blog is about that stuff. Still intriguing. The man is an agrarian and they have some different beliefs and are a little extreme, but fascinating to read about. They look like they are right off Little House on the Prairie. With that in mind, here are the links.
http://jordansfarm.wordpress.com and http://www.blogger.com/profile/10480186948086853961 this last one is of the agrarian and it's his info page on blogger. He has several blogs. The one that dealt with the canning was A Process Driven Life. Let me know what you think. Off to Bunko!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Sorry to hear about the puppies. I wish it would've worked out. I know our kids really love our dog. It helps that she's well trained and really old, but still likes to play.

Thanks for the links. They're interesting folks. I really like the first one.