Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Finally a Deal

I have been trying to get the hang of this CouponSense thing and it's not been that easy. Since you have to build up a supply of coupons to really reap a lot of rewards, it takes a while and I'm not that patient of a person. It's been a little frustrating and without the encouragement of a friend or two, I might not be sticking to it. Today I had a victory. Now......I know some of you die-hard couponers have had amazing deals and this may not seem that great to you, but to me...it was a reason to stick it out. So, here's what I got....Walgreens: Gillette Infusion Power Razor - $8.99, Vaseline Sheer Infusion lotion - $6.99, 2 chapsticks - $2.99 each, 3 Robitussin to-go 2 pks - $2.49 each, 3 Halls Refresh cough drops - $1 each. This totals roughly $32.50. I paid out of pocket $17.00. That in and of itself is a good deal, but I also got back $15.50 in coupons to spend at my next visit. So ultimately, the total cost was about $2 for everything seen here.




CVS: 3 bottles Tide detergent 50 oz - $6 each, 3 bottles dawn detergent - $1 each, 9 boxes puffs tissues - $1 each, 2 Covergirl outlast lipsticks - $7 each, Covergirl mascara - $7. Totaling $51. I paid $28. I just want to mention that I compared prices to Wal Mart before I did this because I know a "deal" is not always a "deal". The sale prices were better than Wal Mart's normal prices and then to add coupons and "money back", well.....it just made sense!



2 comments:

Tammy said...

Nice job!

Heather said...

yea! I used to coupon sense and have been tempted to go back. You are tempting me again right now.