Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Too Much

Too much to blog about. Not that any of it is of super importance, but just two very busy days. Monday was a grouchy day that I got a lot done, but just didn't feel that well all day. Had parent teacher conferences in which I was told by all three teachers.....your kid needs to try harder. Not that fun to hear. All their grades were very mediocre. How do you make a kid want to do better?? Had a soccer game and choir concert that I dogged out on. I just wanted to be at home. Sorry girls.

Tuesday I spent the morning with Katy getting out of the house. She cried a lot because we had mentioned about going to Grandma and Grandpa Whitley's house in a few weeks (Illinois). She wanted to go right now. Time is too obscure for her. Bo spent the morning at preschool and then with a friend. I also had tons of stuff to do for Scouts and make stupid phone calls. The kids have early release all week so no nap for me! Oh yeah, I also cleaned out the closet in my bathroom. Ended up with a whole box of garbage. Found stuff I didn't know I even had!

Pack meeting seemed really "scattered". I forgot some things at home, I didn't get all the awards written out and I ran out of cards for some of the other awards. I didn't find a tent for the bear cave and I just felt really out of it. I would love to see it from afar. I don't know if it came off as bad as I felt it was or if it was just me. Came home and watched the BL. I hate watching it late, I'm so tired these days I can hardly stay awake. It was a good one though.

On a sad note, Glade has been training really hard to run the St. George marathon in a couple of weeks and now he has hurt his knee. He isn't sure if he is even going to be able to run it. A friend of ours is a PT so he offered to help him try to get it back in working order in time, but it's in a week and a half. Praying for miracles right now. He has worked too hard to not be able to run.

4 comments:

Lulu said...

Oh man! He HAS trained too hard to miss that! We will add our prayers as well!

Leslie said...

I hope he heals in time!

Tammy said...

Oh man, that really stinks. We'll add him to our prayers also. Hope he is better soon! Sorry I missed pack meeting. John and the boys sure had a good time. I'm sure it was great!

Kristine said...

I didn't know that Glade got in! Dave and I tried, but didn't make it in the lottery. I am sorry about his knee. We, at our house, know a lot about knee injuries. I will have to talk to you about it tonight at Bunko. We will keep him and you in our prayers!!