Saturday, September 19, 2009

Where is October

Busy crazy weekend so far. Yesterday I spent the morning going to the thrift store. I was there for over an hour. It's so fascinating to see all the weird stuff. I ended up with one Christmas present, a jacket for Katy and a purse for Chelsey. (little thing to take to dances) Mom watched the kids so I could go wander around. The kids had a half day so after a small rest, I took the big boys into town so they could help Glade with a fundraiser that night. I headed out to the scout store to get awards for pack meeting. I also had to deliver doughnuts to our old wards lip sync night. Whitley was babysitting, Rhett was on a camp out and Brooklyn had a b-day party. Chelsey had invited a bunch of friends over, so I was mostly banned to my room alone. Not exactly my idea of a great night. They had a good time though, she has good friends.

This morning started bright and early with all the boys out in the yard and garden. I wanted to get my apples bottled so I ran to the store to buy a few things I needed. Went to another thrift store and found a few more little treasures. Spent the rest of the day doing laundry and canning apple pie filling. It was a gooey mess, but I'm glad I did it. The kids still don't understand why I go through the trouble. I think I'm going to start a separate blog for my adventures in homemaking. I need to remember what NOT to do on some of these things. I had to throw away 4 jars of salsa that unsealed. I think I didn't put enough lime juice in those ones and they started to ferment. Not pleasant. At least it freed up a few jars to put apples in! I took the apple remnants to a friend for her horses. It seemed a shame to throw them all away.

Tonight we are going to Amazing Jake's. No, not the family...a date night. We still have a bunch of free stuff on this card we bought for the staycation. I figured it would be a nice FREE date night and different from the usual "dinner and a movie". So some friends are coming with us and we are going to spend the evening there. I'm definitely ready for a date night. Another busy week on the horizon, but then just a week or so until we leave for Illinois. I'm so excited, I totally miss my family. It will be great for my kids too. The driving......hmmmm....

1 comment:

Lulu said...

My first thought was should you really be announcing christmas presents on your blog? What if your kids read it? And what a fun date night idea! You'll have to let me know that went!