Saturday, September 12, 2009

Another Perfect Night

After the last few days, I was in much need of a night out. Our original plans were to go to the temple with some family and then to dinner, but as we were driving there, we got offered tickets to the D-Backs game. We decided to go ahead and go to the temple, then we would skip dinner and go to the game instead. There was only one real snag...I was in Sunday clothes so I told Glade he had to buy me a new pair of jeans to wear to the game. He agreed so I got a really cute pair of jeans from the Gap on clearance for $18. Nice start to the evening.

The seats were amazing! Well, before we go there, they also included Valet Parking. We got to pull right up to the side of the building, hand over the keys to Joe and Kathy's minivan (hehe) and head into a back entrance. Our seats were 12 rows back from the field behind the on-deck circle. If we yelled something to a batter, they could hear us. Since we were a little late and so far everything was free, we decided to grab dinner there. So we all got hamburgers and fries and enjoyed the game. We didn't win, BUT right in front of us was Craig Counsell! I loved him when he was with us. I was trying to take his picture, but he wouldn't turn around. So I walked right up to the dugout and was taking pictures of him. I don't know if he was noticing the flash or what, but he finally turned around and looked at me. I waved and he smiled and nodded. I was so excited!! Unfortunately the picture of that was really blurry. Probably because I was so excited I didn't hold still enough.

After the game they had a fireworks display with patriotic music. I had a really great time. It was just what I needed after a few grouchy days. Lucky for me Kathy had her camera with her. My phone was not doing a good job!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! New jeans (super deal) and Craig??? How did you sleep last night. I'm jealous! Dacia

Tomena said...

Congrats on the jeans!! I want some. Fun time.