Sunday, August 30, 2009

Montgomery Gentry and Baseball


What a great night! I love baseball, I love Montgomery Gentry and I love great friends. The night started out a little rough when we were ready to leave and one of our friends was having A/C problems. Not a good day for that at 115. We got a little bit of a late start, but not bad. Then while driving on the freeway, the van started shaking really bad. We assumed it got seriously out of balance somehow so we decided to drop it off at Discount Tire and eat at whatever was close to it. Turned out to be Chili's. It's also turned out to be that our tread had separated and it was about to blow. Lucky for us we decided to take care of it and not drive it any further. Also lucky for us was that they were closing down and leaving when Glade drove up but were nice enough to open back up to put a new tire on. Dinner took longer than we expected and we didn't get to the game till the 7th inning. We hadn't planned on being there at the very beginning, but not this late. I was kind of bummed.

We never even went to sit in our seats since the game was almost over and we wanted good seats for the concert. Instead we just stood outside the section we wanted to be in and watched from there. Not exactly the ball game experience. Jake and Jenny did go to our seats since she is very pregnant and didn't want to stand the whole time. Anywho, once the game ended (we won) we headed down to find seats. It's amazing how they just tow this stage out onto the field and the concert started within 15 min. Love it.

I have always loved Montgomery Gentry. I love that they are a little rowdy and for some reason I can relate to a lot of their songs. It was totally fun to sing a long and watch them perform. One of my very favorite songs of theirs is "Hell Yeah!" It's just fun. Despite the lack of enthusiasm from the friends I was with, I decided I was going to have as much fun as I wanted, so during this song, I stood up, danced and shouted the words. I'm pretty sure I was the only one in my whole section. Oh no I wasn't, the flag lady was by us. If you have ever been to a game, you know about the flag lady on the third level. Well after last night I decided I'm going to become the assistant flag lady someday because she rocks. She was the only other one that stood up and jammed with me. I was only a little self conscious at one point but then I thought, I'm doing this! Why should I care if people think I'm weird or too old to be acting like that. This was my chance to totally rock it with Montgomery Gentry. It was truly a great moment for me! I did feel a little bad after cuz I realized my rear was right in front of Jenny the whole time. Sorry Jen. At the end, they played "I wanna Rock and Roll All Night". I couldn't sit still for that one either but this time Glade joined me. I love him.

Once the show was over, they opened the roof and had fireworks played to fun country music. I loved the whole night! I'm going to seek out more activities like this. Fun and active. Thanks to Jake and Jenny, John and Tracie, and Clint and Alicen for going along with me. Especially to Glade who doesn't stifle my crazy antics. What a fabulous night!





















1 comment:

Kathy said...

It sounds like a ton of fun, and I love the party bus! :)