Friday, October 31, 2008

a P.S. for my previous post

Last night while finishing up my cupcakes, I just had that great feeling that doesn't appear as often as I would like. You know the one, all is right in the world. Dinner was a little crazy, kids still doing homework. As I was working in the kitchen, I had one of those - looking down on your life moments. Happy kids swirling around my legs as I mixed batter. Young girl wanting to learn how to use the mixer. Two kids both talking to me at the same time. The smell of cupcakes wafting around. Hearing daddy and babies in the other room excited to brush their teeth. Then it all quieted, everyone drifted away to do their own thing and get ready for bed. I got to settle in and read a few more chapters of my new book.

Life here is definitely not perfect. I won't even begin to list all the things that could be different or better. Those things pop up way more often than do the good feelings I had last night, but I'm so grateful for the times that I do get the good ones. A great reminder that family and the simple things are way more important to your state of happiness.

3 comments:

Camille said...

Thanks for reminding me to appreciate the little things that make for a great day!

Lulu said...

I imagine life at your house like this always!

Kristine said...

I love that! I want that feeling everyday. Maybe part of it is just recognizing it when it comes! Thanks!