Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'm Reading Again


I ran across this at the bookstore Saturday night while trying to locate some books Chelsey had to have for school. It is a novel about the lives of Mary and Joseph. While it is fictional, the author stays as close to scripturally accurate as possible. There is little about the couple in the scriptures so he tries to convey what their personal lives may have been like. While I have to keep reminding myself it's not real, I find it very intriguing. It's certainly not riveting or suspenseful, (we all know how the story goes), I keep wanting to go back. His idea of them as people, as a couple, the things they most likely struggled with, make them so much more real and the story of the birth of the Savior much more than a picture of a stable with a big star over it. I'm only half way through so I don't know how far the book takes you, Mary has just given birth. I'm sure in the next few days I will know!

No comments: