Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Trying something new

Today I decided to try something new. Since the day I went 6 miles, my adducter muscle has been really sore. I've tried resting, ice, anti inflamatories and nothing works. The minute I start to run it hurts. I've been trying to do other things that will give me cardio without hurting my butt. I went bike riding. We have been storing Sherry's bike here for a while so I thought I would take it for a spin. Glade pumped up the tires and tried to adjust the seat. I put on the helmet and away I went for a ride. I went 6 miles in about 30 minutes. I could have gone further, but my butt hurt! (different than the other kind of hurt) So much for finding a cardio that didn't hurt my butt. It actually went pretty well, only one little snag. I forgot to ask Glade how to do the gears. I played with them, but didn't have much luck. Basically I was on a really easy one that made me peddle a whole lot. I would definitely do a few things different if I did it again. (like sit on a pillow!) We will have to see how my legs feel tomorrow. I don't know how Glade does that for 20 or 30 miles. Anyway, it was a fun change.

2 comments:

Lulu said...

You can get a special kind of seat that doesn't hurt so much!

Camille said...

K, I was going to suggest the cushy seat idea too--I got mine at Wal-mart for cheap. I guess great minds think alike.